VIBRO AXE Showoff Thread Looky Looky

Fantastic, thank you this will work out perfect!
[/QUOTE
Zorg, it's not really clear what is at the end of the lower tube where it goes into the 1" pipe. What did you use?
20200608_104400.jpg

Zorg, thanks so much for the templates. I cut a couple of these this morning out of aluminum. I wanted to use hdpe but It cant be painted. The aluminum was cheaper too. I have a couple holes to drill and that straight blade screw detail toward the top of the blade.
20200614_141954.jpg
20200614_135219.jpg

That's awesome! Just curious what tools did you use? I have a project I thought about using 1/2" aluminum, but I'm skeptical about whether a jigsaw and Dremel would work well enough to shape it.

That's awesome! Just curious what tools did you use? I have a project I thought about using 1/2" aluminum, but I'm skeptical about whether a jigsaw and Dremel would work well enough to shape it.
The aluminum is 3/4" I actually used a portaband saw in a vice to cut it. Then I used a grinder with different aluminum sanding discs to shape it. It took about 2 hours to do. I didn't take any photos of the band saw but it was clamped vertically with the trigger zip tied down, then I could hold the aluminum and control it while pushing it through the saw.
20200614_194347.jpg
20200614_113813.jpg
20200614_113701.jpg
20200614_112454.jpg

I'm going to see about doing a short run of these. To help you all out. I'll keep everyone posted to see what I can work out.
Definitely in. I'd been working on the CAD to have a set machined but I haven't had the time to work on it. The thinner plates I can easily send off to have done but the main blade is a different story. I'd also be interested to see how you plan to attach it. I was thinking an inner curve on the edge that matches the pole, with a couple of bolts through it, threaded into the blade so they could be covered by the Air Max

Definitely in. I'd been working on the CAD to have a set machined but I haven't had the time to work on it. The thinner plates I can easily send off to have done but the main blade is a different story. I'd also be interested to see how you plan to attach it. I was thinking an inner curve on the edge that matches the pole, with a couple of bolts through it, threaded into the blade so they could be covered by the Air Max
I'm going to have them water cut. To make sure all the cuts are straight and precise. Then I'll add the flat head screw to the upper hole and smooth them for painting.

Sounds great! Sometimes it pays off to wait with projects for years *lol*
I'm hoping to knock this out in a month. These are depressing times, so if I can get these blades done, sent out to some of you guys and it'll help out then I'm all in. I have a lot of resources. I just want to make sure they'll be as legitimate as possible. I'm only doing aluminum though, no steel, adamantium, or beskar steel.

I'm hoping to knock this out in a month. These are depressing times, so if I can get these blades done, sent out to some of you guys and it'll help out then I'm all in. I have a lot of resources. I just want to make sure they'll be as legitimate as possible. I'm only doing aluminum though, no steel, adamantium, or beskar steel.
Let me know if you start taking preorders. I have cash in hand ready when you are. Like Markus, I too have had all the parts ready to build this thing except I always wanted an aluminum blade. Been sitting on it for years.

Let me know if you start taking preorders. I have cash in hand ready when you are. Like Markus, I too have had all the parts ready to build this thing except I always wanted an aluminum blade. Been sitting on it for years.
I'm going to get one finished in the next week or so, side pieces too, so everyone can see exactly what they would be getting. I'm going to be doing a short run just to see how it goes. I didn't expect this at all but I also want to help out the prop community if I can since you all have helped me out with my projects. I'll probably do a run of 15 or 20.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back