Vibro Axe Progress Pics UPDATE 1/14

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
hello chaps, wanted to show of my first prop of the year, nearly finished, waiting on a tip, yamaha greeble and han blaster to complete it. they should be with me within the next ten days.

ive wanted one of these for ages and am pretty happy with what ive done so far. spent quite a lot of time tring to get everything correctly spaced.

i might do a bit on the measurements for those that want to build one.......interested?

sorry for the crappy fone pics but i lent out my digi cam over the xmas period.....

AXE1.jpg

AXE23.jpg

chris ill remove the parts of star wars pic if your not happy

i made the blade using a plasticard sandwich
VIBROAXEBLADEDIR.jpg

thanks to clanger68 for putting the parts up for auction last month!
also to sluis van shipyards for supplying some great ref pics :thumbsup

z

UPDATE*************
got the danco tip.
danco.jpg

yamaho.jpg

yamaha.jpg

just waiting on the han blaster part now then its paint time

z

DSC00080.jpg

ok i got the han blaster part now and it is installed. i have also managed to wall mount it in a kinda floating fashion, its in black primer at the moment and have to wait for the weather to improve before i paint the final layers, i think im going with tamiya nato black which isnt actually black but dark enough for this purpose. thanks

z

Last edited:
Re: Vibro Axe Progress Pics

Wow, that is really super slick! :thumbsup

Just a thought, but I've found that styrene (or plasticard... whatever you want to call it) can be sanded down at an angle to get a good clean edge and you don't have to worry about any cracking if it takes a fall. :D

Heck yea!! That is the best looking Vibro-Axe that I've seen in so long I can't even remember if/when I did see one posted. I'd be very interested in any tips or measurements you might share. A "dummies" rundown of all parts would be super sweet too:$

i hear you, there seems to be a lot of people with the or some of the parts but no bugger building one

thanks

z

I was down to just needing the soaker and I got that. Hopefully I will finish it up when it gets warmer (my garage + NH = friggin' freezin')

Here are my progress pics. I used a plastic Halloween butcher knife for my blade.

http://www.restrainingbolt.com/propboard/vibroaxe/

Your blade looks nice! I almost thought it was a real blade.

and I also made this up when I was making mine:

http://www.restrainingbolt.com/swprops/pics/misc/vibroaxe/viberoaxe-pipe-thing.html

Not bad for what it is. :)

Hi Zorg,

Looking fantastic.

Really nice to see the parts as they should be, as a prop! :)

Cheers,

Andy

Re: Vibro Axe Progress Pics UPDATE 1/7

:love It looks fantastic!!! This should get archived since there hasn't been a good and accurate Vibro Axe tutorial so to speak posted ever!

Re: Vibro Axe Progress Pics UPDATE 1/7

:love It looks fantastic!!! This should get archived since there hasn't been a good and accurate Vibro Axe tutorial so to speak posted ever!

sounds like a plan:thumbsup

this weapon means a little more to me since its based on an ancient scottish lochaber.....maybe i was drawn to it because my forefathers made them:lol

268px-J_M_Briscoe15_09_2007-19_46_3.jpg

thats not me by the way!

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back