Limited Run Melnor Soakers for Vibro Axe/ Vibro Lance

Psab keel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I was fortunate enough to source some GENUINE Vibro Axe Parts and will be offering 7 kits of the following pieces:

Price is $106 each plus actual shipping costs. Total of 7 kits available.

-Gillette Supermax Hairdryer
-Soft Flo Soaker
-Kenner Han Solo (Hasbro) Blaster Roleplay Gun - (this is the version from the 1990's but uses the same mold from the 1980's and as such is identical)
-Plastic Halloween Butcher Knife

I am aware that the blade of the actual prop was made from a type of foam but this plastic knife toy has a nearly identical profile and is readily available and inexpensive. I've also seen it used on several replica builds of the Vibro Axe to great effect!

If you are interested please reply to this thread.

ONLY 7 KITS ARE AVAILABLE!

Thanks for looking.

Psab Keel

Last edited:
Re: Vibro Axe Kits

What is the price point on one of these kits. Also is there a good build log to follow to assemble a kit. Let me know I am definitely interested.

E

Last edited:

Unfortunately I don't have a build log for these. It will be my first time making one of these props myself for my own collection.

For resources I am using The Parts of Star Wars website and also these builds here:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=36994
https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=47590&page=6

These kits are JUST the raw parts themselves. Because these are vintage, there may be scuffs, dings, etc. on them. That shouldn't be an issue though as they are in overall good shape and this prop is weathered so no worries there!

DSCN3968.JPGDSCN3966.JPGDSCN3967.JPGDSCN3965.JPGDSCN3851.JPGDSCN3850.JPGDSCN3848.JPGDSCN3969.JPGDSCN3970.JPG

Each kit will come with 4 parts:

-Gillette Supermax Hairdryer
-Soft Flo Soaker Hose attachment
-Han Solo Blaster (1990's version) -Front Grill is the part used on this-
-Plastic Butcher Knife Toy for Blade

Cost is: $106 each plus actual shipping costs. (Total of 7 Kits available for sale)

1. ECOLI -SHIPPED!

2. Trooper_Trent -SHIPPED!

3. trooper -SHIPPED!
4. trooper -SHIPPED!

5. Lichtbringer - SHIPPED!

6. Kurtyboy -SHIPPED!

7. Woodman- SHIPPED!

Thanks for looking! Please reply to the thread to have your name added to the list.

Psab

Last edited:

At the moment no. If I happen to find any I will update this thread with links!

If you are on the list please PM me your full name and full mailing address with zip/ post code I will get you all totals with exact shipping costs.

Thank you, Psab

Added to the list. Please PM me your full name and full mailing address with zip/post code and I will get you a total with exact shipping. Thank you!

I marked the list with the latest updates. I will be responding to all PM's within the next two days and shipping Paid orders out on Wednesday.

I don't have any leads on additional parts at this time though I will see what I can find. For my personal axe I may just scratch build from available local hardware/ hobby store parts.

Thank you all for your interest, PM's, payments and feedback. I'm glad to be able to provide these for my fellow fans!

I look forward to talking with you all over the next few days!

@ Psab keel
I'm sure I am speaking for the rest of us when I say thank you for doing this and finding all the parts. This prop has been on the to do list for a while cannot wait to get started.

E

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all so much! I'm happy to offer these!

It's such a cool looking prop and I'm glad I'm not the only one who is interested in putting one together.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back