Vibro Axe #2

Tom1971

Sr Member
Thought I would show off my latest Vibro Axe. It's on it's way to a new home.

Non of the battle damage/wear is topical. The entire Axe is primered, painted aluminum, and then painted gunmetal. Then the scratches and damage are peeled away, sanded, etc. Just makes it look a little better.

The Blade and side plates are black onyx resin. Great stuff. The hairdryer is a real Supermax, and the soaker is from Moncal as is the Han blaster switch.

I think Glenn solved the mystery of the grip in that it is some type of vacuum hose, ribbed not coiled, and it's cut in half, then wrapped in some type of tape. So that's what I did. I used a special type of thick, stretching electrical sealing tape that is much better than regular electrical tape. It looks like the original but won't shrink and leave sticky stuff on the handle. It actually gets very firm and does not come off at all easy which in this case is good.

The Vader type bar is a nightmare made up of steel pipe, model aluminum tube, spacers, washers, plastic, hot glue, superglue, love and prayers. When it's all done it looks nice and worn so I just leave it that way rather than make it all pretty and shiny and then rough it up.

IMG_3669.jpg

IMG_3670.jpg

IMG_3671.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3675.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3681.jpg

IMG_3684.jpg

IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3686.jpg

IMG_3687.jpg

IMG_3688.jpg

IMG_3691.jpg

IMG_3693.jpg

Pre-Dullcoat so it looks a little shiney:

IMG_3631.jpg

That looks great. I may have to break down and buy a soaker cast so i can make mine. Real ones are tough to find. That washer/spacer vader part came out great too.

Thanks guys. I'm real happy with how it turned out. I have the parts for four more. Don't think I have the energy to do more than that.

Looks great. This was a fun project to do. I had a hard time filling the seams where the blade meets the hairdryer. 3 times it fell and cracked the Bondo around that area. I'm glad it's finally on the wall and out of the way.

Looks great. This was a fun project to do. I had a hard time filling the seams where the blade meets the hairdryer. 3 times it fell and cracked the Bondo around that area. I'm glad it's finally on the wall and out of the way.

Do you have pics of yours?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back