Very accurate hocus pocus spell book replica

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

xkuco

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I have been working for over three years gather reference photos, working with a 3D designer, and tweaking the design to perfection. After finally being happy with the final design, I have just recently started printing this best of a book! It has been broken down into the front, back, spine, corner snakes (all are different and accurate), spine snakes(both are also different), and the clamp which are in three pieces.

I will be printing, prepping for mold, and casting out of silicon. I will be designing a static and animatronic version. This is an absolute dream prop for my collection and may do a very limited run at a later date depending on the work load of this one. I just wanted to document the build now that I am finally beginning the building process.
50C8338A-F63F-43BE-802B-00FC6E2EE210.jpeg

60A54022-1926-4753-BDAE-B4963934D6B9.jpeg

This is the current progress and the back cover is printing now. Enjoy and can’t wait to have the final product!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

xkuco

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ok ladies and gents, first thank you for all the messages and interest in this build. I have had an overwhelming amount of individuals interested in a book. I will not do a run until I have a solid product and have the process down.

So onto the update: The book base is completed, next I’ll conduct some body work, prime and prepare all parts for mold! I have to also print the long snakes for the front and back. Getting closer.

1E33EB5E-D0D1-4400-8E30-93312FD9EA9C.jpeg

ajhix

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
xkuco - This is looking great! Please post pictures and steps of the molding process if you can. I would love to learn how to do that.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.