Verse Coin Collectors Please Read!

Boba Debt

Master Member
Ever since Phil posted pictures of the real coins I have been working on an image that combines the front and back on to one image.

I sharpened and brightened the images and made them all the same size.

It has taken me a long time, I have been doing one coin a day when I had the time.

I know of at least one coin that's repeated so my image will not include the repeat and another looks repeated but I would like to discuss that.

I will post that info below.

I am going to use this image to build my collection and I hope some of you can use it as well.

Most of the images are not very clear, however, I plan to incorporate my own images as I complete my collection.

If you have very clear images of any of the coins please contact me at bobadebt@ec.rr.com of post them below.

Here is the combined image

FF%20Coins.jpg

Thanks

Originally posted by Boba Debt@Mar 21 2006, 05:23 PM
Ever since Phil posted pictures of the real coins I have been working on an image that combines the front and back on to one image.
--snip--

Very Shiny. It would be great if someone also identify each of the coins, unless this is something you are doing as well? I stink at matching things like that on Ebay, after looking at about 10 or so they all blend together... :(

These are the coins I believe are repeated

The Blue R indicates the coin that I know is repeated and the red R indicates the coin that I think is repeated

FF%20Coins%201.jpg

If you have programs that can make these images more clear please work with them and post your results below.

Thanks

Originally posted by SurferGeek@Mar 22 2006, 12:41 AM

Very Shiny.  It would be great if someone also identify each of the coins, unless this is something you are doing as well? 

What type of identification are you looking for?

I have found that sellers do not use any standard way to list these so the only way to get them is to just look at all the auctions and pay attention to the key details.

Some coins have many slight character variations which can trip you up.

You also have border variations and even size variations.

I've added links to large close-ups of all coins that I've been able to find so far in Phil's post. They may also help here.

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...l=original+coin

Looks like we're on the same page. I'm pretty sure those coins were duplicates, too. I'm under the impression that the "2 mace and 7 candareens" coins may be small variations (different province names?). Anyone care to verify? I can't quite tell from the original pics.

Originally posted by FETTCLONE@Mar 22 2006, 01:43 AM
I've added links to large close-ups of all coins that I've been able to find so far in Phil's post.  They may also help here. 

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...l=original+coin

Here is a perfect example of the variations that can trip you up:

The first coin from your site looks like the 10th coin from my image but the real coin has no center detail and it has a "floral" detail repeated on both sides of the center.

It also has 6 characters acroos the top and bottom instead of 4 also there are small character variations such as the third one on the bottom has 2 dashes instead of 3.

Now the second from your site is dead on.

Originally posted by SurferGeek+Mar 21 2006, 08:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SurferGeek @ Mar 21 2006, 08:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Boba Debt
@Mar 21 2006, 05:23 PM
--snip--

Very Shiny. It would be great if someone also identify each of the coins, unless this is something you are doing as well? I stink at matching things like that on Ebay, after looking at about 10 or so they all blend together... :(
[snapback]1210550[/snapback]​
[/b]

Ok

FF20Coins.jpg

Keep in mind I'm no coin expert, and I only started researching this month.
This info will help you find these specific coins on Ebay, BUT the prices will be high when the sellers know what they have.

As far as I can tell all the coins are from the Qing or Manchu Dynasty.

Coin 1 - Empress Dowager Cixi / Queen Cixi
Coin 2 - Sun Yat-Sen Birth of the Republic of China
Coin 3 - Yuan Shih-K'ai Silver dollar
Coin 4 - Sun Yat-sen
Coin 5 - Sun Yat-sen
Coin 6 - 1-Dollar Sun Yat Sen Standard Silver coin.
Coin 7 - Yuan Shih-K'ai / flying dragon
Coin 8 -
Coin 9 - French Indo-China Piastre Coin
Coin 10 -
Coin 11 - Kiangnan silver dollar 7 Mace 2 Candareens (canÂ’t see which province from pic)
Coin 12 - Kiangnan silver dollars 7 Mace 2 Candareens (canÂ’t see which province from pic)
Coin 13 –
Coin 14 –
Coin 15 – One Yen 416-900
Coin 16 –
Coin 17 – 7 Mace 2 Candareens (different color for some reason and can’t see which province from pic)

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back