Interest Veracity Labs - "The Princess" (Leia lightsaber) hilt Interest Thread

Very interesting, thanks for providing the direct quote.

Copper plated aluminum is still 'copper' on the outside, so his account is technically right.
Also, I think wax paint means just a slight bit of wax-based wash for weathering.

If it was just wax, maybe the handling wore it off?

Quite possible. The tarnishing does appear a bit splotchy.

Anyway, my point in sharing is to demonstrate to Obi1Kenobi that I personally don't believe the two descriptions are inconsistent with one another. Our source did not make a comment on the solidity of the copper just that he confirmed it was copper (to help put to rest the rose gold vs copper debate as to the original prop). We are opting for solid copper sleeve parts because this helps with weight which is a current criticism of the alternative products.

As an aside, getting ANYTHING from actual inside sources is tough and a great win since they are caged by all sorts of NDAs

I will compile some of the references together That I have been using to derive our assembly. Upon close look you can see some of the breaks between Aluminium elements and copper elements. Not to say the copper isn't some plated material BUT there ARE breaks in places which we have been working to mimic.

Ok. Let me preface this with, for the betterment of the community I am sharing this, HOWEVER these observations are also something we are skeptical of sharing since this research can further competitors before our run is released and I have personally seen this already happen which is part of why we have gone quieter on some findings before we get our runs going. It's the unfortunate reality of this world where your hard work is picked up and made by others cannibalizing your efforts.

second, none of this is to slam or undermine anyone else's products. The consumer is left to decide who is accurate and who is not. I am not going to publicly slam anyone else's hard work or their products, especially folks whom I have respect and liking for.

with that said...

first exhibit:

E120A4E2-6429-4E08-BD02-F8FF5AA4E82C.jpeg

what this photo tells us: the ring is not cut the box is. The box has a notch that matches the chamfers of the ring. A product where the box sinks into the ring vs having a notch to sit on TOP of the ring would be inaccurate.

second exhibit:
7C81D28A-3755-4069-8189-8EC54AC33018.jpeg

what this photo tells us: the neck sinks into the front body plate as you can clearly see the slightly larger diameter to the body plate. There is not a lip where the neck sits onto the plate but rather it sinks into it.

also this clearly shows the gap of the front ring that passes through the box. This ALSO is a separate structure from the body. A product where this ring is one with the front body would be inaccurate.

my dissertation will continue as time permits.

note, our assembly replicates all of these features that often go overlooked.

Next exhibits:

4EA6E9E2-6848-48D2-9C5B-F305A3EDCA1F.jpeg

what this photo tells us: kind of obvious but this is a hollow tube or at least has quite a center recess. Replicas where the pipe ends at the chamfer are not accurate.

next (and this is a big one that no one has caught):

E934355A-E000-46FC-8BEB-3CEDE8CF0FB3.jpeg

What this photo tells us: look closely inside the windows at the central pipe. It has an axial ledge that matches the vertical bars of the windows. This central pipe is NOT a simple cylinder. Props that have this central pipe as a simple cylinder are not accurate. Furthermore there is a tap on the central pipe that lines up to the tap into the outside bars of the emitter. (Presumption is this is part of the stunt blade connection and the hero and stunt may be one and the same with the central pipe having possibly a wire channel or connector for the blade and this is why the first three windows are not illuminated in stunt shots because the connector is obscuring them)

Last edited:
Welp... I saw too much,
Once you see these, you cannot unsee them lol

This is why we are taking our time. Much like our Hero work. Our target market is UNYIELDING accuracy. We are not cutting ANY corners. Will we be 100% accurate? Probably not. But I guarantee we will be as accurate as humanly possible. Bryan and I work from attention to detail that MANY either lack or find to be not cost effective. If we wanted to produce just "yet another hilt to make a buck" then we'd not be putting the effort we are into our line. That is not what we are striving for.

This is very painful for me to write...
But today, I made a difficult decision to no longer collect props from the Sequel Trilogy.

I'd appreciate if I can be removed from the interest list, and my spot given to someone on the waiting list...
That said, I have no doubt this will be the best Leia replica hilt!
I'll still be following the project with great interest!

This is very painful for me to write...
But today, I made a difficult decision to no longer collect props from the Sequel Trilogy.

I'd appreciate if I can be removed from the interest list, and my spot given to someone on the waiting list...
That said, I have no doubt this will be the best Leia replica hilt!
I'll still be following the project with great interest!

removed. Sadly the standby list is for the rose gold; you were signed up for copper. :p

suntzu707 is working on the chassis for this. I've not seen an update yet.
Forgive me for my lack of response.
In short, there were serious family medical issues that took priority and needed my focus, on top of that my laptop was out last month due to thermal issues; it's fixed now! Not my favorite summer but at least everything is starting to normalize FINALLY, so I'm ready to continue full swing.
Sadly there hasn't been much progress except for a test 3d print which came out nice! Besides that as soon as I have something significant I'll share it :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back