Interest Veracity Labs - "The Princess" (Leia lightsaber) hilt Interest Thread

It’s up to Verity Cosplay to update.
I’ve asked him to either check in or update the list.
I have several rounds of notes on the model needing to be addressed.

Some may know Adam had some health issues.
He’s also recently gotten engaged and is planning to get married…

So honestly guys I’m stumped.
For those of you following, jumping in, or jumping off. Honestly unless Verity Cosplay can jump in and comment I don’t know what to tell you.

I think it's time for me to be removed from this one as well. The work looks stellar, and I know things take time and life happens, but the time frame to my comfort of promising funds, and frankly, to my dislike of TROS the more distance I have from it have all killed my interest in this. Still look forward to seeing what you guys do as I'm sure it will be awesome, but the journey ends here for me.

Look. We are working on this.

I myself am on runs paid for over a year and nothing. This run has collected no money. And yet we're being lambasted?

But also note that we are trying to deal with compensation on our work. Bryan and I have received ZERO compensation since the first hero (as in batch 1). So we need to sort that. These hilts will happen. But we have stuff to sort.

That is all I have. It's being done.

So I know this thread has been quiet. And everyone is wondering if this is happening or what. Yes. It is. We fully understand if you all want to jump ship on this run and go with other offerings. You are welcome to do so. I will say for those who do stay this hilt will absolutely be up to Veracity standards.

There have been a number of complicating factors that have been causing delay, some of which Bryan has skirted on, and some I disclosed in my last post but let me open the kimono a bit about some of it.

Firstly, I have been plagued with severe health issues which doctors have been unable to identify the full cause. Among the ones they HAVE discovered is a heart valve issue (mitral valve regurgitation for anyone who wants to dig in to medical things). There are also other issues doctors have not been able to find the cause of yet and I am undergoing batteries of tests for months now. This issue has been occurring since early May hence a lot of the quietness on my part here in the forums.

Yes, I also got engaged but that is more parallel to this health issue. To be honest I have been trying to avoid stress and such to ensure I don't wind up hurting my condition even more.

Finally, as I mentioned we are still working out business aspects with Lewis (we are making progress here but it's taking time), and I've been reticent to go full tilt on production when I need to first feel confident we can handle the volume AND that Bryan and I are not working for free. While money is not the reason we do this, it is also not fair for a successful product line to happen without anything in place for us to yield any results from it other than a community who enjoys the product.

I say all this to say, yes this run is happening. Yes, I know it has taken longer than anticipated. And Yes, I have not been as responsive here as I should be. That much I am working to remedy.

Bear with us, or don't. We understand either way.

Now on to the fun part. And actual leia update.

All of the machining specs have been generated and we are on the cusp of beginning physical prototyping.

The last remaining pieces are final dimensional tuning that Bryan and I are doing actively now. Also I have one assembly related concern I am working on which is around the main switch assembly. I am tinkering here to ensure this hilt doesn't present a wiring headache for installers.

Here is a mirror showing how meticulous we've been chasing accuracy despite the lack of a multitude of photos to derive the model from.

Here is where we stand right now:

Attachments

• D651E381-CF59-4887-B97F-F54C5FBD7960.jpeg
    D651E381-CF59-4887-B97F-F54C5FBD7960.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 144

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back