Interest Veracity Labs - "The Princess" (Leia lightsaber) hilt Interest Thread

BRRogers

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It seems there’s someone else who’s also doing a Leia run, and using the same name as your Leia as well as claiming to be the most accurate…

Is this a coincidence, or is there something fishy going on?
Probably coincidence… ‘The Princess’ is a pretty quick jump for naming this hilt… we’ve actually decided on a different title for the production run… one which epitomizes a feeling not just a character.

No offense to the post listed but it’s not accurate, there are key areas that jump out like a sore thumb. If I had to guess they used KRSabers photos and the StarWars Show photos to make an amalgam but ignored details. Anyone can claim accurate but without their homework shown it’s a very easy claim… and that hilt lacks the details and machining quality necessary to make that claim….

It’s probably not appropriate for me to even comment like that. I don’t feel great about it but the recasting of hilts out of China has recently become blatant and grotesque.

Anyway… what we’re looking at with our hilt design does not have a comparable so far that I’ve seen. Element and assembly is novel insofar that I can tell

Jintosh

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyway… what we’re looking at with our hilt design does not have a comparable so far that I’ve seen. Element and assembly is novel insofar that I can tell

I liked (laughed at) the other PRINCESS description, "mother of pearl STICKERS"

Either this is a very bad translation, or an admission of a cheap copy.

:D :p :devil:

BRRogers

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I liked (laughed at) the other PRINCESS description, "mother of pearl STICKERS"

Either this is a very bad translation, or an admission of a cheap copy.

:D :p :devil:
:lol:
Not a great translation if they’re trying to say ‘adhesive backed mother of pearl vaneer’
Word selection is key.

Probably coincidence… ‘The Princess’ is a pretty quick jump for naming this hilt… we’ve actually decided on a different title for the production run… one which epitomizes a feeling not just a character.

No offense to the post listed but it’s not accurate, there are key areas that jump out like a sore thumb. If I had to guess they used KRSabers photos and the StarWars Show photos to make an amalgam but ignored details. Anyone can claim accurate but without their homework shown it’s a very easy claim… and that hilt lacks the details and machining quality necessary to make that claim….

It’s probably not appropriate for me to even comment like that. I don’t feel great about it but the recasting of hilts out of China has recently become blatant and grotesque.

Thought so. I had some very raised eyebrows when I saw the post about that run. Their claims were… bold to say the least :lol:

zero14

It seems there’s someone else who’s also doing a Leia run, and using the same name as your Leia as well as claiming to be the most accurate…

Is this a coincidence, or is there something fishy going on?
He's just a reseller, that is a TXQ's Leia.

Metaphysics

Inside the Lucasfilm Archives: Lightsabers of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker | StarWars.com says Leia's saber is "A silver and rose gold base along the grip has been accented with Mother of Pearl inlay". In the video they say copper color. Do we know if the prop was actually rose gold or copper?
This was discussed extensively earlier in the thread. The prop is copper but post production color correction/filters/varying lighting sometimes makes it look rose-gold in the film itself.

JulianNyx

This is gorgeous. Is it too late to put my name down for a rose gold version? If not please add me! Also, is there a comparison shot of the copper vs rose gold model?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.