Done / Completed VERA KIT, (RUN IS DONE!)

That looks amazing, been following this on and off whenever I'm on the site. Would love to have one, just waiting on when it's ready.

That looks amazing, been following this on and off whenever I'm on the site. Would love to have one, just waiting on when it's ready.

It's getting there, but I've learned with this to not promise any end date. Morganthirteen wants to do a full assembly before we start offering them to make sure everything is perfect.

Still in! Waiting patiently.... Since October of 2013. Seriously, I am NOT complaining, I think this is going to be most excellent when it is finished. It looks beautiful!

It's happening... moulds are ready and the first test buildup isin progress. Just waiting for Morganthirteen to have time enough to do the run as he's often swamped with work.

Latest is that everything is pretty much ready to go BUT Morganthirteen isn't happy with the results of casting the scopes. All the details and tiny undercuts are apparently making trouble... causing bubbles and such. He is looking into using a pressure chamber to cast them in but I don't have a time frame. He works so much that I don't want to pressure him too much but I'll give him a poke about it soon.

OK, let's see who's still following this thread.

HERE'S THE SITUATION AND THE PLAN.

The main rifle parts have been molded and ready for casting for quite a while, as the past pictures have shown but the scopes have been problematic to do at the quality level Morganthirteen wants. (He is also extremely pressed for casting time due to his regular job.)

So, here's a proposal:

Morganthirteen can start casing up the Vera rifle, minus scopes, in batches of five. (This is everything except the AN PVS-18 and DLAP.)

Each base kit will be $400, shipped. (Intl might be 20-ish dollars more).

There's a VERY nice replica of the PVS available for very little money at airsoft places and ebay... and there are even metal replicas. There's also an OK replica of the DLAP- it's slightly oversized, but could be modded and cut down. When/if Morganthirteen is able to cast the scopes, those will be offered separately- but I think the airsoft versions might actually end up being cheaper due to the casting difficulties.

So.. after all this time... who's still in and ready to go? Send me a PM or chime in here.

To repeat: Just the 'base rifle' Vera, without the top scopes. Done in batches of five. Cost will be $400 shipped (plus 20-30 more if outside the US).

Last edited:
I just went on a wild goose chase for about an hour and a half looking for an AN/VPS18....
Would you please correct your post to read "AN PVS-18 night scope" or similar.
Also, I found some links to the scope mount and replica AN PVS-18 scope, but I don't know if it's against the rules to share them in your thread.

I just went on a wild goose chase for about an hour and a half looking for an AN/VPS18....
Would you please correct your post to read "AN PVS-18 night scope" or similar.
Also, I found some links to the scope mount and replica AN PVS-18 scope, but I don't know if it's against the rules to share them in your thread.
Done. Sorry, I can never get that damn name right! Sure, you can post a couple links, as long as they are not auctions, because that's against the forum rules. I just did some Google-fu and was surprised to find a lot of 'close enough' replicas of the D-LAP (dual laser designator, dual laser pointer, DLAD, or DBAL) around these days.

Going to have to pass sorry to say.
No worries. I doubt there will be time to crank out dozens of these!

Will the bullets be included in the 'base rifle' Vera?

Cheers,

Ted.

OK, I've checked. Bullets are included.

So far I've heard from two people, which doesn't fill the first batch of five. I guess that's a lesson not to do a project that will take this long!

Some extra info on the scopes. I have been informed that IF they were cast in the future, the scopes alone would cost $150-200 per set, because of the difficulty of casting them. And since there was a concern about keeping the overall cost as low as possible, it was decided to just do the base rifle, because you can get finished (in some cases functional) airsoft replicas for a lot less than what they would cost as castings.

For example:

The PVS18 scope IN METAL for $33 bucks on eBay (not an auction). Search for "FMA PVS18 1:1 Real Metal Version" plastic versions are around $20 shipped from China.

EVIKE has a load of close replicas of the DLAP (called DBAL these days it seems). The best one is called "JG PEQ2" and is $65. (It's a bit large but can be cut down.)
Accessories & Parts, Mock PEQ Units - Evike.com Airsoft Superstore

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back