Done / Completed VERA KIT, (RUN IS DONE!)

Pending price id definitely be interested in a complete one. Love your work

Thanks! I don't think we'll be offering to do finished builds though. Your best bet for that would be to talk to someone like Generalfrosty- He does great metal paint effects.

The latest on this is that the base of Vera is molded and ready, so theoretically we could start taking orders. HOWEVER, we would LIKE to be able to include the PVS-18 scope and D-lap laser. The latter is proving a bit difficult. The real ones are impossible to find, but I've made a casting of mine, to be sent to the US and used as a master for a new mold.

I just mean the whole gun as is, I can paint it. as for the PVS-18 scope and D-lap laser that would be great. On my last one I ordered some cheap plastic knock offs from china. But keep us posted on a completed price

I just mean the whole gun as is, I can paint it. as for the PVS-18 scope and D-lap laser that would be great. On my last one I ordered some cheap plastic knock offs from china. But keep us posted on a completed price
Well, the main gun will be maybe 3 parts (receiver/body, forward barrel and magazine) then the stock, shells and other pieces. So some assembly will be needed. (It'd be impossible to ship assembled in practical terms anyway.)

Cost-wise I'm fairly sure it'll be $450 but I can't yet say if that will include shipping.

What's the time frame on taking orders? My mouth has been watering for months and I'm starting to get dehydrated. :D :p
If someone only wants the "base" Vera (and not the scope/D-LAP) we might be able to start taking them soon (maybe even NOW... I haven't asked). I also don't know if we'll do different price options with/without scopes since that wasn't the plan. But I still have to send a D-LAP casting to the US (going out this week) for restoration and molding, which will take a few weeks.

I think most will want to wait, myself included. It's an awesome model! I'm just excited to see it in person.

I think so too. We just identified a bit late that the first D-LAP we were going to cast didn't really pass muster or would not have looked good when restored.

Re: VERA KIT, (Firefly & Showtime) UPDATE 2017!

The D-LAP really makes this piece. I prefer to wait until it is ready.

- - - Updated - - -

The D-LAP really makes this piece. I prefer to wait until it is ready.

I think so too. We just identified a bit late that the first D-LAP we were going to cast didn't really pass muster or would not have looked good when restored.

Wow, thats a really complicated item to cast! Molding would surely take quite a while to setup right...

Wow, thats a really complicated item to cast! Molding would surely take quite a while to setup right...

Well, this is Morganthirteen we're talking about!

I am definitely interested in one of these once you are taking orders. Gonna need to learn to paint I guess.
The main thing will be to be thorough in masking off the different parts using a good modelers' masking tape, like Tamiya's.

The Saiga-12 shotgun that Vera was based on has just been sold by Propstore Los Angeles.
Link to see accurate photos and colour reference - http://propstore.com/product/showtime/saiga-12-shotgun/
I didn't catch the price but it would have been big moolah!

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back