Venom costume 2015- V2

mikefu

heres new Venom build so far.
blacks on , made a nice two tone black and added a hint of metallic to hit light . this suit unlike my last has no "skin" i just wanted to push foam sculpt a bit more in an attempt to create a sinewy, tendrily vibe like the suit writhes about the wearer. the skin is great but im glad i went this route with this one . the hands are more robust looking more like paws and i designed a whole new head layout, and teeth configuration.
just the emblem and couple blueish highlights left.

Attachments

• IMG-20150310-03034.jpg
    IMG-20150310-03034.jpg
    476.9 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG-20150310-03049.jpg
    IMG-20150310-03049.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG-20150310-03046.jpg
    IMG-20150310-03046.jpg
    578.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG-20150310-03045.jpg
    IMG-20150310-03045.jpg
    442.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG-20150310-03044.jpg
    IMG-20150310-03044.jpg
    468 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG-20150310-03043.jpg
    IMG-20150310-03043.jpg
    492.2 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG-20150310-03041.jpg
    IMG-20150310-03041.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG-20150310-03040.jpg
    IMG-20150310-03040.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG-20150310-03038.jpg
    IMG-20150310-03038.jpg
    471.6 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG-20150310-03036.jpg
    IMG-20150310-03036.jpg
    647.8 KB · Views: 135
What an effort went into building this suit ! Holy cow...
Definitely jaw-dropping material,although personally I would not have made the valleys in the muscle groups.
One of the better builds I've seen out there if not the best one yet

almost there , heres the layout for the emblem

Mike, welcome back, with a great V2!

How is it to get in/out of? Breathability? Looks like it would be hot but not too bad as the air will go through the bodysuit under the foam?

What about durability? How are the pieces attached to the bodysuit underneath? Is there the possibility of the glue detaching after a few years?

How about the range of motion? I'd love to see a video of it in action like your hulk suit.

What an effort went into building this suit ! Holy cow...
Definitely jaw-dropping material,although personally I would not have made the valleys in the muscle groups.
One of the better builds I've seen out there if not the best one yet

thanks , there definitely alot of effort.lol .

How is it to get in/out of? Breathability? Looks like it would be hot but not too bad as the air will go through the bodysuit under the foam?

What about durability? How are the pieces attached to the bodysuit underneath? Is there the possibility of the glue detaching after a few years?

thanks dday

1. getting in and out?- first I had the OG zipper replaced with longer more robust one to make easier , but its a process of slipping in, that usually takes a time or two to master.
i may abandon zippers as they ultimate are a weak link, the carnage redux i just did i replaced with hooks , that run down spine, they seem more reliable and allow the back to open wider to get in and out.all the professional suit ive seen seem to use this method for practicality . be sure to put them on before muscles as after would be a bitch..trust me..lol

2 breath ability- its hot for sure but ive added vents and kept material thin around bodies natural hot spots to reduce. heat stress. ive found some interesting simple tips to help keep cool in these things. use cooler gel paks like the ones you put in kids lunch pails...i learned if you put these duct taped/ strapped ( or make pockets in suit) to your body around your wrist, ankles ( easier and quicker to cool bloods as veins are numerours and close to skin), and chest core area you can go long time with those aids . so with some pre-planning you can work with it. having someone with you with a travel fan to blow some area in real hot situations would help too.

3. durability- latex is tough but over time will get brittle and crack. latex is easy to repair so maintenace of suit over time is recommended to help make it last. how often you do that depends on how much use it gets. keeping it sealed and reapplying every six months or so should help. a good sealer is latex mixed with a water based sealer 50/50 .

4. the suit is attached with 3m super 77 spray glue, i like to latex edges to keep from lifting of morph suit (base) . diligence in the fabrication with proper gluing and latexing will minimize lifting .the latex does a good job holding all together especially if it has the skin on it like the last venom. this one i had to go over and make sure that wasn't a problem.
building suit on a mannequin the same size as wearer will help as well.

5. action... the draw back with skinning is you have to account for shrinkage and loss of flexibility but you can make changes and adjust after to loosen areas. this is why i chose to not skin this one as its for an upcoming web-series from my client wanted movement and i want to see the best performance qualities come forth on this one. this one is my size so ill do a test in it when done and post for sure . i expect it to be pretty good as its lost hard but is soft to touch and stretchy so fingers crossed .

.check out his youtube page here , hes a talented artist and im looking forward to seeing what he does with it. t
https://www.youtube.com/user/nathanscamera

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

thanks dday

1. getting in and out?- first I had the OG zipper replaced with longer more robust one to make easier , but its a process of slipping in, that usually takes a time or two to master.
i may abandon zippers as they ultimate are a weak link, the carnage redux i just did i replaced with hooks , that run down spine, they seem more reliable and allow the back to open wider to get in and out.all the professional suit ive seen seem to use this method for practicality . be sure to put them on before muscles as after would be a bitch..trust me..lol

2 breath ability- its hot for sure but ive added vents and kept material thin around bodies natural hot spots to reduce. heat stress. ive found some interesting simple tips to help keep cool in these things. use cooler gel paks like the ones you put in kids lunch pails...i learned if you put these duct taped/ strapped ( or make pockets in suit) to your body around your wrist, ankles ( easier and quicker to cool bloods as veins are numerours and close to skin), and chest core area you can go long time with those aids . so with some pre-planning you can work with it. having someone with you with a travel fan to blow some area in real hot situations would help too.

3. durability- latex is tough but over time will get brittle and crack. latex is easy to repair so maintenace of suit over time is recommended to help make it last. how often you do that depends on how much use it gets. keeping it sealed and reapplying every six months or so should help. a good sealer is latex mixed with a water based sealer 50/50 .

4. the suit is attached with 3m super 77 spray glue, i like to latex edges to keep from lifting of morph suit (base) . diligence in the fabrication with proper gluing and latexing will minimize lifting .the latex does a good job holding all together especially if it has the skin on it like the last venom. this one i had to go over and make sure that wasn't a problem.
building suit on a mannequin the same size as wearer will help as well.

5. action... the draw back with skinning is you have to account for shrinkage and loss of flexibility but you can make changes and adjust after to loosen areas. this is why i chose to not skin this one as its for an upcoming web-series from my client wanted movement and i want to see the best performance qualities come forth on this one. this one is my size so ill do a test in it when done and post for sure . i expect it to be pretty good as its lost hard but is soft to touch and stretchy so fingers crossed .

.check out his youtube page here , hes a talented artist and im looking forward to seeing what he does with it. t
https://www.youtube.com/user/nathanscamera

cheers

webseries!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back