Veepy - Monsters Inc. Scream Canister printable kit project.

gnolivos

Sr Member
The Rocketeer Jetpack kit was such a success, I am applying the same discipline and techniques to other projects now. This is the second in what is likely to be a series of Veepy projects!

There are numerous Scream Canisters out there, but none is accurate enough to my liking - or properly set up for printing.

Objective:
Create a FREE highly detailed and accurate 3D printable file for the Monsters Inc. Scream Canister.

Requirements I set:
  • MUST BE ACCURATE
  • Must take into account original dimensions.
  • Must be 3D printable at home, hence, must be split into multiple parts.
  • Parts must join together seamlessly.
  • Lip and Groove joints wherever possible.
  • Top must screw off to access interior.
  • Alignment notches wherever possible ensure proper positioning on assembly.
Status May 13, 2021:
PROJECT COMPLETED!
Initial Public release.

Download Link:
Veepy 3D Printable Kits
Assembly manual:
http://www.vesperworks.com/veepy/files/Assembly-Manual-ScreamCan.pdf

Some pics of progress...
3.JPG
1.JPG
5.JPG

Completed print:
9A1404F5-5285-4F00-B960-A3D624ADA04A.jpeg

Attachments

• 33FE4DB5-7A81-47D5-8485-355442BA2EFF.jpeg
    33FE4DB5-7A81-47D5-8485-355442BA2EFF.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 941
  • 5657172D-2979-44B7-AAD8-09BCAE895404.jpeg
    5657172D-2979-44B7-AAD8-09BCAE895404.jpeg
    575 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
Made much progress, this is almost complete now...

There will be 2 version of the bottom piece, one regular, the other for speaker mounts (shown below) with and a way for sound to get out the bottom.

Also I made the top sectin "Screw on" to access internals. All other sections are glued together.

If anyone has ideas or requests, this is the time to speak up!

speaker1.JPG
speaker2.JPG
screwon.JPG

Last edited:
Could be bowl or flat. I can’t really tell. Got more pics?

Edit: yes I think you are right. I’ll check and adapt it.

Last edited:
Help!
This model is complete and ready for testing.

sticker1.JPG

I'm looking for help! If you have an interest in helping me with quality test process, and have both an FDM based printer and a Resin based printer, please contact me privately. You must be willing to print out the parts for me to test fit, etc. Usually I only need one full set and then I can do final refinements before release publicly.

Last edited:
Beautiful work mate...the only thing I would change (comparo between your render and the original) is the size of the fonts on the top part. Yours seems too small ;)

Yes the font was adjusted but that’s easy as they are water slide on stickers eventually. Just a quick scale until it matches. ;)

For 3D printing purposes, inside the cannister if there are any 90 degree angles, it would make a piece easier to print if the angle was 45 degrees instead. adding that extra angle instead of a 90 degree cutoff means you don't have to use support material which in the case of the rocket pack sometimes mean large tall supports because the inside ring had a 90 degree slope instead of adding a little extra material and making it 45 degrees.

Same with lettering on the inside, needs to be chamfered or rounded, 90 degree bends means it could be attempting to print in thin air. and that means support material, = extra time + extra filament needed.

3D print overhangs.jpg
This is more or less what I'm talking about, if the pieces are small enough ( not tall on the print bed, then nothing wrong with supports. And honestly this is just for ease of printing, but these are things I had to incorporate into models to make them print faster and with less material.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back