VashDStampede's 1/6 head sculpts and custom figures - The Princess Bride, Doctor Who / The Fly

Thanks James Kenobi 1138, CB2001, and doctorwholittle!
I'm taking a break from full scale for a while to focus on learning to sculpt smaller scale figures.
I know it's been done before, but I'm trying my hand at the 10th Doctor David Tennant @ 1/6 scale.
Here's Tennant so far. I'm still working on the face a bit more before tackling the crazy hair, but I'm pretty happy with how it's coming along.
TENNANT4.jpg

Thanks Leigh! Diving into something new like this was a bit scary since I didn't think my sculpting abilities could transfer over to this small scale, so it's nice to know that folks are digging it. Still have lots to learn, but it's been fun so far.

I can't imagine what more you have to lean. Everything looks stunning and perfect. I am amazed at the fine details like skin texture and hair at this scale. Are you using the same tools which you would use for a 1:1 scale sculpt?

Thanks doctorwholittle, streetjudge79, and Randy13!
Since I have to use smaller dental type tools and having to use such tools to smooth instead of my fingers, it has been a challenge. I'm trying to learn more textural things as well as fine detailing, so hopefully in my future sculpts these will show up more.

Here's a little progress of my 10th Doctor sculpt and a fun side by side pic of the actual actor (although this sculpt is a mixture of different reference pictures):
TENNANTcomp1.jpg

Ok , I'm new so I'm not sure how to PM or email anyone . Haven't figured out the whole board yet . Anyway . My idea is to do custom figures for the ALIAS TV show and I need an accurate sculpt of Jennifer Garner for the Sydney Bristow character . Perhaps you could email or PM me so I can tell you more and ask specific questions .

I had quite a bit more 1/6 builds, and just realized I haven’t updated this thread in years.

I’ll have to look back at all my previous sculpts and builds, but here’s the latest one.

This was a quick bash and modification I just completed of The Princess Bride Inigo Montoya.
I think what took the longest was receiving the leather pants in the mail. The majority of the build was done in two days.
I don’t know if QMX is ever going to come out with more The Princess Bride figures, but until then I’m pretty proud to have this figure as a placeholder.

9EAE8B7F-31FA-490F-BD37-63B5BC9F19B4.jpeg

A9B91DA2-86C1-41CA-8CB5-A5692C9EA1AF.jpeg

F4895D00-E8C4-4CEF-8369-ABA97F42F874.jpeg

61651CB7-8696-4D6B-9786-CF8B486EC859.png

Here’s my latest custom figure. 1/6 scale Clark Kent / Christopher Reeve.
Most parts are readily available from eBay, however I did modify the head.
I also didn’t like the glasses that came with the head, so I tried my hand at making my own pair of glasses.

48B3E3F3-E060-41DB-84BE-5E6E99ED5D3B.jpeg

D7931C17-8B5E-48B4-8012-A61156D9624A.jpeg

E9F67B33-BA31-49C9-8EBD-146826B3E5BC.jpeg

The glasses are acrylic with tortoise shell pattern which is translucent that I think adds more realism to the figure.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back