VashDStampede's 1/6 head sculpts and custom figures - The Princess Bride, Doctor Who / The Fly

VashDstampede

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I know I've been out of the prop game for a while, but I figured I'd post what I've been up to lately.
I got into sculpting 1/6 scale heads, to try it out and take a break from 1:1 scale sculptures. It's been pretty fun and a good learning experience which has sparked my desire to keep sculpting.
Here are some of my sculptures and custom builds using my head sculpts:

1/6 9th Doctor / Christopher Eccleston
9th-head-primed2.jpg

2nines.jpg

1/6 War Doctor / John Hurt
FINALCAST1.jpg

FINAL-FULL-SMALL.jpg

1/6 Bad Wolf / Billie Piper
BW5.jpg

painted.jpg

Amy Pond / Karen Gillan
AMY7.jpg

amy-close.jpg

POLICE-COSTUME14.jpg

1/6 The Fly - Seth Brundle / Jeff Goldblum
10.jpg

12.jpg

WIP:
1/6 Ian Malcolm / Jeff Goldblum , 1/6 Clara Oswald / Jenna Coleman
54c2673f-9fcf-4c9b-9f95-06194dda21fb.jpg

CO11.jpg

It's been fun making these and a good past time that is holding my interest since I'm not constrained as to what to make since these are my own personal projects.
Anyway, I hope to get more done soon since these take me days to finish instead of months.

Beautiful work. I also do 1/6 customs, not sculpting though. Love what you have done. I'd go so far as to say your Amy Pond is perfect. Here is one of mine:
image.jpg
Do you sell casts of any of your sculpts? I'm busting to know what else you have planned. Your work is very refined. That is the kind of work that paint up really well and looks hyper realistic.

Thanks Spuggs! I've only been at this for a few months now and it's been a really fun learning experience.
I've only offered the two doctors so far on the Sideshow freaks site, but feel free to PM me for any other questions.
I'm planning on doing a couple more Doctor Who characters from the new seasons and some from other franchises.

Thanks Amish Trooper, Jedifyfe and Pedro! I'm a novice at this scale, but I'm learning new techniques along the way, not just in sculpting but in painting as well. It's fun not having any restrictions as to what to make and seeing it completed in a short period of time.

I'm hoping to do a 1/6 scale telepod, but until then, I wanted to see what Brundle would look like with a lighted base (Warning: Action figure nudity) :
INSIDE-POD1.jpg

"Is it live, or is it Memorex?"

Awesome. As a superfan of the movie, this is way cool to see. Bring on a Telepod! There's been a sad lack of FLY merchandise, aside from the Sideshow Brundlefly statue from 2007.

Amazing work, if you don't mind me asking what type of clay or medium do you use? I am really impressed with your work.

Mike

Thanks Gregatron, youngwm, and Watson!
I like interesting characters and ones that struck a chord with me from childhood, so those are the ones that I'll be sculpting.
I'm actually not using the right clay for this scale figures, but since all I had was soft Roma Plastilina, that's what I used.
I really need to try using either a harder clay or wax for future sculpts.

Thanks Leigh! Diving into something new like this was a bit scary since I didn't think my sculpting abilities could transfer over to this small scale, so it's nice to know that folks are digging it. Still have lots to learn, but it's been fun so far.

Thanks Spuggs! I've only been at this for a few months now and it's been a really fun learning experience.
I've only offered the two doctors so far on the Sideshow freaks site, but feel free to PM me for any other questions.
I'm planning on doing a couple more Doctor Who characters from the new seasons and some from other franchises.
How can I get in touch with you, Vash? I'm fairly new to the boards and can't seem to locate how to send you a PM.

Thanks -

DWL

I wish I had half your talent, those all look amazing. I have some custom 1:6 figures I want to make but my lack of head sculpting is holding me back.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back