Various Mandalorian Paint Work

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Ryan Clinton

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I don’t know what it’s supposed to be on the helmet but it looks more like a cast metal texture to me. Not like gold leaf. I used a multi step process to replicate it as best as I could. If I did it again, I would knock the texture back a little more. I was hoping the clear coats would but I should have softened it just a touch more.
View attachment 1318868

I need to get some extra lighting on the helmet but here is a teaser shot. The Mando helmets will he getting worked on after I take a nice weekend break.
View attachment 1318870
Who makes this helmet?

bigkidbiggertoys

Yep, just a good idea of scale. That was printed at 45%.

View attachment 1377963
In other news, I am working on a Lifesize Din Djarin for myself. Episode 1 look, pre-Beskar. He needs a pistol of course, so I grabbed Outerrim Workshops file off Etsy. This will just be a holster filler, but I figured I may as well have a little fun with it. I overdid the muzzle, that will be repainted.

I plan to print another soon and will take more care in the finishing. I’ll have finished photos of this as soon as some paint comes in for the grips.

I will absolutely be sharing progress as it happens on the Lifesize so keep an eye on this thread if you’re interested folks. I’ll be working with Danny Redman for the armor parts, and painting them myself. Debra Di Meo for the belt and bandolier. Sky costumes soft parts that I will modify. The helmet is an EFX I painted (for now.) And most other things I’ll be putting together myself.
I tried to look for this seller on Etsy and came up empty handed. Do you have a link or contact info you could pm me? That looks to be a very accurate blaster!

Mr Mold Maker

Master Member
I tried to look for this seller on Etsy and came up empty handed. Do you have a link or contact info you could pm me? That looks to be a very accurate blaster!

Myself and a good friend are working with him currently to completely upgrade the blaster and bring it even closer to totally screen accurate. Keep an eye out for updates, hopefully the new file will be done in the next few weeks.