Van Halen 2012 tour with D.L.Roth

Read Hagar's autobiography. I can't remember the name of it--Red Rocker or something like that. He tells many stories about Eddie. Obviously the guy is and always was, a major mess.

read both Sammy's book, and the R.S. article. It will be interesting to see if the tour can make all the dates with out any set backs. I hope they all have grown up, and can make it work.

I'm excited to see what "new" VH will sound like. (we all know DLR just can't hit the high notes like he once could)

Hopefully they can survive long enough without imploding to tour Australia, although I'm not holding my breath. As long as the new album is solid though, I'm happy. Hey, it can't be worse than VHIII, right? :lol

Yes:
van_halen.jpg

No:
van_halen_present.jpg

We have a pool at work. The over/under date on an implosion is April 2nd, and the odds of it making to the closest venue to us (Oakland-June 3rd) is 4-1.

Just got a presale offer for tickets and, as much as I'd like to see them - I think they're over reaching a bit. 18,000 arena, entire lower bowl $150 a seat. Rush was only 90.

It's funny, they ad only says 'tickets start at 29.50' - for 29.50 you get to choose from the last 3-4 rows at the back end of the upper deck. Maybe 100 seats worth, if that :)

They manage to make that cash because everyone wants to see this older bands who manage to fill the stadiums and not the new bands who barely can fill a bar.

$150 is too steep for me. I was hoping to see them because I've been a big fan for years. But no Michael Anthony, the 'train-wreck side-show" that both DLR and Eddie have been, and the just 'so-so' song "Tattoo" made me decide against it.

At an average of $90 Bucks, ticket prices are just too steep these days. And they're charging $150 plus "convenience fee's"??? Forget it. I saw DLR at a bar here years ago for $45 bucks and he was over 2 hours late! Who does he think he is?? That left a bad taste in my mouth. I worry that this current tour will be postponed or canceled.

Van Halen has had a great run, and I admire them for trying to do it all again and rekindle that old flame. But start off slow, charge less for tickets, get intimate with the fans again, and see what kind of following you still have. They've disappointed me, and I wont be going to see them, but I wish them success and good luck.

The ticket buying experience is ridiculous now. I hopped onto Ticketmaster just for the heck of it to see what tickets would cost and see this:

American Express Cardmember Presale:

Live Nation Mobile App Presale:

Internet Presales:

American Express Preferred Seating:

Then there's all these different 'packages' to choose from. Where's the option for just buying a gd ticket?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back