Van Halen 2012 tour with D.L.Roth

nwjedidave

Sr Member
if the tickets *aren't* sky high this should be a good show to see.

After a year of rumors surrounding the release of singles and TV appearances, Van Halen have made an official announcement: The band will be hitting the road in 2012, with tickets for their first dates going on sale 10 January.
Earlier today (26 December), the band posted the above clip that was shot at the the Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, California. Reportedly, the group filmed a video for a brand-new song at the Roxy, and the promo clip for the tour uses footage from that shoot.
Regarding the tour, an actual itinerary hasn’t been revealed as of yet, but that info should be coming on or before 10 January.
While nothing has been confirmed as to a release date of Van Halen’s upcoming disc, a graphic that is being used (see below) lists “2.7.12.” The first single? The full album? We should know soon.
The new Van Halen record was produced by Ross Hogarth and is the band’s first full-length album with singer David Lee Roth since the release of 1984 (which was issued on the last day of 1983).

Last edited:
As much as I love me some Van Halen, they ARE missing Mikey on the bass. His harmonies really pushed the vocals. I've only seen snippets of the last tour with Wolf on bass, but it just did not even sound...well...Van Halen.

I want to know if they'll make it the entire tour without Eddy needing rehab or them randomly firing Dave to get another singer and suddenly fire him too. I used to like the band but the Van Halen brothers are a shady pair when you look at how they act sometimes. Not to mention Dave likes to push people's buttons but that makes him a good front man.

All I have heard from people in the know is that it's Al that is the typical big brother d..khead. Eddie puts on the tough guy air, but it's Alex calling the shots. Honestly, them pushing out Mike was a BAD move.

I thought the story on Mike was that after the last rehab, Eddie wanted a less 'party' atmosphere. In seeing Chickenfoot live, it seemed that Sammy and Mike were all about the huge party aspect of things - drinking on stage, etc. It almost appeared as if Satriani stayed as far away as possible on stage. Don't think that was true, but it decidedly appeared that on stage that 3 of the 4 were hard core partiers and Satriani wasn't. Not that it's true, but that's how it looked.

I'd heard Eddie and Alex wanted less of a Party atmosphere and that's what led to that departure.

Have to admit, too, that I don't expect the tour to last the duration. Then again, Dave's been back in for like 2 years now without being booted. That is a surprise as well :)

Dweezil Zappa was raving about the stuff Ed was doing these days so if nothing else, i'd really love to hear the new stuff. Don't have to see it.

They where supposed to be on Tour in Oz this bast winter but cancelled the headline slot as they weren't ready. I'm a massive VH with Roth fan, not a big fan of what they did with Hagar and VH3 well that went out the window of the car after 10 mins.

I have to say if the new album is as good as Me wise Magic on the best of then I'll dig it big time. There are a lot of rumours going around of how great the album is but I work in this industry and know only too well not to believe the hype.

I will be so chuffed if its a classic VH album but dont have great hopes, EVH has a bad rep cos he really is a bad drunk and nasty as hell so if Alex is worse then Eddie no wonder its a tuff thing being in the band. Hagar has said some quite interesting things in the press recently again pinch of salt stuff.

There is also rumours they will be at Reading and Leeds festival in the UK & T in the Park in Scotland this year, which is great news as I'm there every year.

New Tribal Tech album in Jan -Feb also, now thats a good thing in my book.

One can only hope but I don't see it happening. :lol

I want to know if they'll make it the entire tour without Eddy needing rehab or them randomly firing Dave to get another singer and suddenly fire him too.

Let's Hope for some Van Halen in Nijmegen, after all 3/4 of them are Dutch, I hope Eddy will go back to the roots with a new album, if only Wolfgang would pass the envelope to Eddy to bring back Marc Anthony, as a son I would understand something like that.

Let's Hope for some Van Halen in Nijmegen, after all 3/4 of them are Dutch, I hope Eddy will go back to the roots with a new album, if only Wolfgang would pass the envelope to Eddy to bring back Marc Anthony, as a son I would understand something like that.
I should revoke your fan status. :behave

There was an article in Rolling Stone not too long ago about Sammy Hagar and his adventures with Eddy... ye gads, what a freak show! If the stories about Eddy Van Halen are true... this is gonna implode faster than a grease fire in Rosanne Barr's panties.

I toured with them back in 2007. Roth is in better condition at 54(?) than I can ever hope to be. Hopefully they can make this work.

I dont know the back story on Mike. I would assume they are still on decent terms as he has stuff on their official web site.

I did a little prop replica of a Frankenstrat from an old guitar lying around. It sits in a plexi case with one of my tickets. Lost my all access passes.

To bad Hagar won't be with them. Looks like he is doing very, very well these days. I guess the aliens he talked about meeting in his book, really did give hime some good advice;)

Mike (and Sammy) were on That Metal Show not long ago. Sammy was trying to be nice about how things ended with the group but you could tell it was tough for him not to take a few jabs. Mike you could tell wasn't happy, especially since apparently they were still using some of the stuff he recorded for performances without him there to play it, but I think he was trying to be on more civil terms.
The way the band gets rid of people makes me think if you don't agree with the brothers you get replaced and now that they have adult kids who needs anyone who isn't a family member?

There was an article in Rolling Stone not too long ago about Sammy Hagar and his adventures with Eddy... ye gads, what a freak show! If the stories about Eddy Van Halen are true... this is gonna implode faster than a grease fire in Rosanne Barr's panties.

I read that too and was thinking the same thing.

According to the article, Eddy is and has always been a train wreck and is the reason for just about all VH related problems.

Anybody that can play the guitar that well, there has to be something wrong with him in other areas.

When I did Stand Up Comedy I had a bit about how terrible David Lee Roth is. It's true. He's just awful. Not as bad as Attack of the Clones, but really only 2nd to that level of terrible.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back