Van Halen 2012 tour with D.L.Roth

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

DS Operative

+1 ^ This!!!

I remember going to the box office and standing in line 3-4 hours in the cold and buying "mediocre" seats for $13.50 for several shows back in the 80's!!! I don't miss standing in the cold or in line for hours, but I'd gladly trade back for it over this fiasco of buying tickets and fighting brokers/scalpers for good seats today!!!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

ChaoBreeder

The tickets are expensive because that's how the band makes money. Bands used to make more money off of the record, but due to pirating things have changed.

Qui-Gonzalez

Master Member
Here's where I am struggling with this. I am a huge VH fan. I used to play bass in a VH tribute (And was as good/better than our guitarist at Eddie's bits). That said, it does NOT feel the same without Mikey. It certainly doesn't feel $150 good...yet. The two cuts I've heard from the new album are songs from 1975 repurposed for the new disc. That is not filling me with confidence.

Am I still going to buy the new album? You betcha. Does my going to see them in concert hinge on this new stuff? You betcha. If it is as mediocre as "Tattoo", I'm good on not seeing them.

cboath

Master Member
The tickets are expensive because that's how the band makes money. Bands used to make more money off of the record, but due to pirating things have changed.

It's more trying to get as much as you can and taking a piece out of the secondary market than it is to do with piracy.

I just don't see these places selling out at 150 a pop. Maybe i'm wrong, and i'm someone who's paid more than that in the past, but i've seen them before (and it was great), but after 15 years of nothing and not being sure if they'll make it the whole tour...

Keep in mind those $15 in fees won't be refunded if they cancel...

Springsteen: 90, Rush 90, Elton John/Billy Joel 125 - all lower bowl prices. don't see this VH being bigger than all the above...

Clutch

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Highest 'normal' ticket was 147 + 30 in fees.

I saw the most expensive packages were sold out at some arenas. They are what? Like 800 bucks?

I think the premium seats were something like $1200+ each. :lol