Van Damme ----- predator ????

Philby

I'm sure most of you know this,......but i forgot until just now,....

on arsenio hall a long time ago,....jean claude van damme claimed he was in the predator suit,....

come to find out,....it was first named Hunter,...
creature was totally different and crap-shat

van damme was canned on the second day for,.....well bitching too much about being hot and uncomfy blah blah

thank goodness they scrapped the creature design,....and van damme,....
later stan winston was on a plane with james cameron ,....
james told stan he always wanted to see a creature with mandibles,...
stan sketched a couple things then and there,......and viola' the true Predator,...

so thank god van damme bitched,.....otherwise the movie we all know and love would have been junk
with a short,....kickboxing coke addicted has-been in a crap suit,...

(( and van damme was only a martial art gymnast ,...doing convos n such ,....never any real fighting ))

van damme ok.....but thank god he tanked,.....otherwise this site probably wouldn't exist ,...
first predator wasn't even worth looking at ,...let alone reproducing costumes of him,...

like i said i'm sure most of you knew this,.....but for the few that don't,....
be grateful,....

for kevin peter hall,.......we miss you

Van Damme being bitchy is putting it lightly - Rumors were he was purposefully injuring the Stuntmen & had to be kicked off the set, purportedly after finding out he wouldn't have his face shown or be seen in the movie. Good info to the new Younglings that are searching around though, always nice to have this info for them.

Van Damme being bitchy is putting it lightly - Rumors were he was purposefully injuring the Stuntmen & had to be kicked off the set, purportedly after finding out he wouldn't have his face shown or be seen in the movie. Good info to the new Younglings that are searching around though, always nice to have this info for them.

yea i totally forgot,.....saw it again on youtube when i was looking for scott marshall's P1

van damme sucks anyway ,....he was too short and too stumpy,....

kevin hall did alot more than just lurk around ,...he added alot of fluid alien movements to it,....
plus who can really get the point across of what he's thinking without talking ???

kevin peter hall,......thats who ,.....ha ha ha

so hey do you tattoo too or is your name mean somethin else,.....(( don't laugh if it's obvious ))

According to Stan Winston book, the new pred suit wasn't sized for JCVD

In the ultimate hunter bluray of Predator, you have this pic in the bonuses

th_13986_predator_54b58a03_resize_e1279034503141_122_514lo.jpg

According to Stan Winston book, the new pred suit wasn't sized for JCVD

In the ultimate hunter bluray of Predator, you have this pic in the bonuses

th_13986_predator_54b58a03_resize_e1279034503141_122_514lo.jpg

really ???.......o i didn't know that ,.......didn't really look at the pic close enough when i first saw it,.....
figured it was somebody sayin " this coulda happened " in photoshop ,.....bwah ha h aha

I could have sworn I posted in this thread already.

HHMMMM.

Anyway, some looks at what might have been...

predatorconcept1.jpg

predatorconcept6.jpg

predatorconcept7.jpg

really ???.......o i didn't know that ,.......didn't really look at the pic close enough when i first saw it,.....
figured it was somebody sayin " this coulda happened " in photoshop ,.....bwah ha h aha

The first time i saw this pic, i thought it was a photoshoped fake, but then i saw it in the bluray.

The first time i saw this pic, i thought it was a photoshoped fake, but then i saw it in the bluray.

hmmm,.....well ya know what they say ,.....only the people there really knew what happened,....
seemed like van damme exagerrated a bit about it anyway ,.....couldn't even pronounce the name right ,....
ha ha ha h

anyway ,....just thought it was funny how badly it could have gone ........

he's ok but ,.......barely scary as human let alone a weird lookin stubby lil alien ,....

Stan Winston said that the first and ridiculous costume was designed to suit JCVD, it's almost a proof, almost.

Anyway if Fox decided to keep the early costume, Mctiernan would've quit the project and some hack like Rodriguez ;)
would replace him, and we would have a ridiculous B flick like Robowar.

Lucky us

Stan Winston said that the first and ridiculous costume was designed to suit JCVD, it's almost a proof, almost.

Anyway if Fox decided to keep the early costume, Mctiernan would've quit the project and some hack like Rodriguez ;)
would replace him, and we would have a ridiculous B flick like Robowar.

Lucky us

ha ha ha ..........
yea i mean,......pretty bad when even camera guys are like " man he looks like shat "

I hafta say- this suit looks more alien to me then the screen used version. even though it doesnt have the same detail as it, the pred we saw looks almost too human-

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back