Vader1974's Batman 1966 Bat Cuffs

vader1974

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I needed another Batman 66 prop to go with my Bat Radio and Batgirl Walkie for the DFW Prop Party. I figured the Bat Cuffs would be a fun and relatively easy prop to tackle. So here it goes!

After a bit of research on the web and on the forums, I decided to start from scratch. I dug up some screen caps, still photos, other replicas, and even toys. I kept coming back to this B&W Still of what should be the actual prop and this compilation of Batman.

Batman-TV-Series-Handcuffs-8x10-Photo-N1571.jpg
Batman_BatCuffs-Ref.jpg

I completed a couple of quick drawings in Illustrator and then off to the local library for a little private time with the laser.

Laser.jpg

The cuffs are designed in six total parts (3 layers each for the top and bottom). The prototype looked pretty good but too thick! I designed them to use a bar magnet for closure.

Magnet.jpg

I changed the outer layers to a 3/32" board and was able to get the total thickness to about .4".

Here is the version that will be making the DFW Prop Party, might try going thinner next time. Chain is 9 links of 5 gauge jack chain. I have not attached yet, waiting on the paint to dry.

Closed.jpg
Open.jpg

Thats awesome nice work im adding these on the list to be made to sit next to the radio
really nice work you did there

Always good to see a Batman prop that's not a batarang or grapple gun. I love both of those, but there are so many cool interesting props that seem to be forgotten. Very cool prop!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back