Vader undersuit padding

MisserCraig

Sr Member
Here is a question for all you skinny Vaders. I am 6'5, but only weigh 175 pounds. When I get into the suit, I'm going to end up looking like a french fry covered in really big fiberglass pieces. What are some of the things you guys have used to pad your undersuits? I am considering one of those cheap Spiderman padded halloween costumes, but I'm not sure that it will be enough...

Good question, Im interested in seeing some of the responses. A friend of mine has asked to troop in one of my Vader suits on several occasions but he is way too skinny. Hopefully this thread will help him out.

He has suggested things like sweaters but Ive quickly told him how hot it is in the suit, which has made him see the light per se. :)

:$

I've used 1" foam...not the dense kind....the run of the mill beige kind just to pad the chest a bit so the armor sits right ;).

My measurements are actually slightly bigger that Prowses during ESB so I dont use any padding.though in costume I'm about 2" shorter than the 6'7' he was supposed to be...

Your best bet would be to have some foam batting sewn into the chest and shoulder areas. Prowse had a 50+ inch chest, so you would want to put enought in it to build up the chest and shoulder area.

If you have skinny legs, you may want to line them as well. I would not over dot it and make sure someone who lknows what they are doing sews the pieces into your costume. Placement of the foam would be critvcal for how the armor fits on you.

Scott

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back