Vader tour suit 1984 New Zealand

Blaxmyth

Sr Member
I've had this photo for ages and just decided to have an 8x10 print done.
Vader mugshot 10 Dec 1984.jpg
On 10 December 1984 I was duty watch house keeper in a small New Zealand town when the local cinema manager came into the police station wearing this Vader costume. It was doing the rounds with ROTJ screenings.
As he was a good sport I took him into the charge room and took a regular mug shot. It was later returned by photo section with the negative and a regular 3x5 inch print. I'd never expected to see it again.
Dave Prowse signed the small print years later and the negative sat in a drawer. I posted a thread then, but can't find it now. One member used to use the print as his avatar years ago.
We all tried it on, of course, and my memory of the helmet was that it was pretty smelly and that the finish inside cowl was very rough. It looks like the tusks were missing, but I can't recall after all this time.
Anyway, I wonder where this suit is now.

Yeah, not sure about the lenses. I have a vague memory of them being brown. Long time ago, but I recall the first impression of them being like sunglasses, hiding the wearer's eyes.

The camera was a half-frame 35mm with a flash right beside the camera lens, which may have the eye pieces appear clearer.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back