Vader ROTJ stunt (MoM) build

Here is the best photo I could find that shows the locations of the holes between the grips on the original prop.

Does anyone have other photos that might help pinpoint the location of these or other holes between the grips?

879B8946-12CF-4B38-A6BE-023289240DBF.jpeg

Last edited:
yeah, that is the only pic I have seen that you can clearly see the holes. am pretty sure there are only three holes on the MR version, fwiw - but it feels like there should be more.

Regarding the holes between the grips, I haven’t seen any template for recreating them on a replica prop. Here is the best photo I could find that shows their locations on the original prop. Beginning at the control box and counting clockwise: one hole between grips 4 and 5, and two holes between grips 5 and 6. Grip 5 is aligned near perfectly with the d-ring side of the Kobold clip.

Does any have other photos that might help pinpoint the location of these or other holes between the grips?

View attachment 1495877
If I have a rain day this week I’ll go through all my reference and host it here

I THINK there are new holes exposed

So - on the famous visual dictionary picture the upper hole is to the left of the bottom hole.

Far as we know, they drilled the upper right of the grips for the second screw. This is why I have an issue with this bottom can being from a good ESB saber.

also the upper hole is a little low, considering where the bayonet slots are

So I have been working on an update of Kal El's template from 2002 ... based on the pictures and some simple research with Photoshop this is my preliminary upgrade ... I have tampered with it in Photoshop so I don't know if the 1 : 1 scaling of this jpg-file still works when printed onto paper. Perhaps someone can print this picture, wrap it around a G R A F L E X 3 CELL top and verify it works, pretty please?

ROTJKalTemp1**.jpg

I have send a message to roygilsing if he can verify my upgrade with his 3D magic :)

Chaim

Last edited:
Thanks Drew Baker ... yeah as I posted before ... I'd need to drill another vintage G R A F L E X top too, if I want my lightsaber prop to become even just a little more accurate with this template.

Chaim

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back