Vader ROTJ stunt (MoM) build

I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but knowing that this stunt handle was such a hodgepodge butchered saber hilt and never was the hero ROTJ saber... and served as reference for the never seen-on-screen ROTS saber used in publicity photos? It boggles the mind.

yeah I don't know for somle reason it's my favorite saber ever! and for some other weird reason, I still didn't get the time to build it, probably because I'm still waiting to be sure it's perfect :)

Given the 12mm screw head scaling by Sym-Cha and eethan, is the template for the screw head placement still relevant?
I don't have the software to confirm the measurements. Thanks everyone for the additional help.

I mean, in general yes- the center of the circle doesn't need to change, so you would use that to drill your initial holes and then countersink it to the head of your screws, not the template

I am not sure though 100% of accuracy.

The template is not accurate when it comes to the three screws near the 'clamp' ... they are further apart ... or better ... one lines up with the rectangular hole see pictures ...

LFA_DVROTJ_emitter_back2.jpg

LFA_DVROTJ_emitter_ls*.jpg

Some more pictures for all the other screws :

LFA_DVROTJ_emitter_rs.jpg

LFA_RVROTJ_controlbox.jpg

Don't forget the one underneath the doorlatch ... which to my mind is slightly off :

LFA_DVROTJ_emitter_back2*.jpg

So I think that template is due for an update ;)

Chaïm

THANK YOU!

Some things I noticed.. Set screw marks from the blade attachment... meaning there was just 1 set screw for this, if they were supposed to be parallel
496401415523232-1.jpg

I'm wondering if they drilled out and milled the stem of one of these
Screen Shot 2021-06-10 at 7.41.00 PM.png

You maybe on to something here thd9791 ... although I do wonder why would they mill that screw countersunk ... if all the other black bolts with hexagon holes were left untouched? I also do wonder why the propmakers went out of their way to use somesort of a tire valve? Do you have one of these screws on hand to mill/drill it countersunk, Tom? It would make for much easier comparison with the original prop part ;)

Chaïm

You maybe on to something here thd9791 ... although I do wonder why would they mill that screw countersunk ... if all the other black bolts with hexagon holes were left untouched? I also do wonder why the propmakers went out of their way to use somesort of a tire valve? Do you have one of these screws on hand to mill/drill it countersunk, Tom? It would make for much easier comparison with the original prop part ;)

Chaïm

That's a great mission to go on, I'll nab one of these. heck, if I bore it out and find that its not silver all the way through, there goes that theory

That screw is a possibility but I doubt it as it doesn't appear to have the undercut that the prop part does. The closest found part -- other than the tire valves -- might be from the canisters on the back of the AT-AT helmet.

That screw is a possibility but I doubt it as it doesn't appear to have the undercut that the prop part does. The closest found part -- other than the tire valves -- might be from the canisters on the back of the AT-AT helmet.
I noticed that last year I think, those are still unIDed I take it?

I noticed that last year I think, those are still unIDed I take it?
I know there are some out there but I'm afraid I don't know what the part is. I'm also uncertain if the found parts have an exact match to the part on the RotJ hilt or if it's just "really really close".

Any pictures of that canister on the back of an AT-AT helmet? And dcarty what do you mean by 'undercut' of the prop part?

Chaïm
This is why I do not trust my brain anymore -- and my apologies for introducing confusion to the thread. After two decades of dissecting this prop I distinctly remember some back and forth about a characteristic undercut to the part. Perhaps I am remembering this because the tire valves usually have an undercut but the prop part DOESN'T:

Rare-LFL-Lucasfilm-Archives-Movie-Prop-Lost-Photos-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Historic-Visit-Orig...jpg

This is why I do not trust my brain anymore -- and my apologies for introducing confusion to the thread. After two decades of dissecting this prop I distinctly remember some back and forth about a characteristic undercut to the part. Perhaps I am remembering this because the tire valves usually have an undercut but the prop part DOESN'T:

View attachment 1475151
right! I had this moment not too long ago too. It is solid and ...seems to me... they milled the darned stem into a D shape, maybe even with a taper. The leftover space in the socket confuses me. The core cuts the space in half, so I get the D shape. The upper part is in the shape of a cone too, it's the bulb socket.

This is the extent of my knowledge... but I feel like I am missing something inside the bulb socket, IDing this part may help. Blue thing is just the cross section of the stem of this part.

fullsizeoutput_2988.jpeg

am wondering if there is a template for where to drill all the extra holes that are visible on the grip section? I can only seem to find a couple decent photos which show a handful of them…

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back