Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications

I think it is just the blown highlight that makes the space between the grips look bigger.
But if you look at the bottom of the flash where there's less highlight - the spacing is roughly the same size as the port holes with the brown and gray wires and that matches more or less how it is on the prop today
1614966362999.png
1614966448612.png

Got inspired by NickCline's post few days ago to finally sit and convert this Heiland flash along with few extra pcbs, because ... well, there are different colors available, so why not :).

But there is the problem that it has that hole above the ports that I could not figure a good way to hide and the MPPs have 2 little screws that support the shroud that the Heiland does not have.

1615340700381.png

Does anyone know what is the size / type of these screws or even better has a link to ebay/amazon/etc online store where I can buy some?
And if you have a suggestion for better solution for the hole, please share

Here's what it looks like so far:
1615340294285.png
1615341011492.png

1615341136069.png

Got inspired by NickCline's post few days ago to finally sit and convert this Heiland flash along with few extra pcbs, because ... well, there are different colors available, so why not :).

But there is the problem that it has that hole above the ports that I could not figure a good way to hide and the MPPs have 2 little screws that support the shroud that the Heiland does not have.

View attachment 1434763

Does anyone know what is the size / type of these screws or even better has a link to ebay/amazon/etc online store where I can buy some?
And if you have a suggestion for better solution for the hole, please share

Here's what it looks like so far:
View attachment 1434762View attachment 1434764
View attachment 1434765

Super, v312! What did you use for the conversion parts?

Last edited:
So..while not entirely helpful, it's smaller than 4-40, as that's the smallest normal size I keep around. Here's some photos. The end looks like it was originally longer and cut, and feels rough, but still threads in and out smoothly:

158377109_472546323925838_4451519616828679013_n.jpg
158908211_883618575805520_7178491788008694653_n.jpg

Awesome! What did you use for the conversion parts?
Parts are mostly from Wannawanga. The end cap is Roman's and I'm not sure about the clamp (probably from there as well). Slothfurnace pcbs except the smaller one which is original from Exactra 21. Red digits are original pulled from the same exactra and similar TI calculators from that era. I really like how they turned out as they are actually very accurate if not exactly the same - with little square or kind of "#" shape in the center rather than a little "8" that most other digits have.

All the references for the parts I got from this same thread, so BIG thanks to everyone who contributed!

Hi all,

I have updated my blueprint of the MPP ESB saber.
Things I changed:
- modified grip length based on Stephen Lane's images: 106mm instead of 104mm (plus 1 grip 107.5mm)
- clamp moved as well
- more accurate D-ring
- diamond knurl thumbscrew
- electric wire thicknesses
- bubble strip profile

Grip positions did not change.

Blueprint-DV-ESB-2021-scaled.jpg

overlay-stephen-lane-1-2.jpg

Quick question for those with the Korbanth 2.5 is there an easy way to remove the Microflash sign to an alreaady installed hilt ?
Thanks to all in advance

Quick question for those with the Korbanth 2.5 is there an easy way to remove the Microflash sign to an alreaady installed hilt ?
Thanks to all in advance
I think if you don't care to preserve the plate you can just sand of the rivets from the outside. But it's better to dissasemble the blade holder and do it from the inside of the flash to avoid scratching the tube. Helps if you have a dremel , but I guess a file will do.

Hi all,

I have updated my blueprint of the MPP ESB saber.
Things I changed:
- modified grip length based on Stephen Lane's images: 106mm instead of 104mm (plus 1 grip 107.5mm)
- clamp moved as well
- more accurate D-ring
- diamond knurl thumbscrew
- electric wire thicknesses
- bubble strip profile

Grip positions did not change.

View attachment 1435285

View attachment 1435284
I wanted to give a PERSONAL and Heart Felt "SHOUT OUT to ROY of "WANNA WANGA" for his AWESOME and as usual "KICK ASS PARTS"!

I Ordered the ESB Shroud, 'D' Ring and Screw and they are just AWESOME! They REALLY Give the Lightsaber that added Weight and realistic FEEL that it just LOOKS Like it should have!

Vader's Saber hilt LOOKS like it should carry some weight to it considering WHO built it and WHO it belonged to?!

So Yea... JUST FREAKIN' AMAZING STUFF Roy! You NEVER FAIL to Please!

Thank You!

Joe

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back