Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications

The brown and gray wires are bent exactly like on the rotj hero. Not that it is hard to replicate, but I don't think they would have bothered to do it on a stunt

I'm leaning more and more towards a custom piece. Not because of insights from making the replicas, but because none other steel shroud has ever been found. The thin wall of the standard shroud really is thin. In combat that would really easily bend or break.

I don't own a Roman's so I can't tell the exact difference. I haven't based my model on anything but the Chronicles pictures.

Roy
Hey Roy.
I sent you an e-mail message asking why the ESB Shroud is "Out of Stock". So I wondered when you will have them or just ONE Available for me to purchase?

Thanks.

Joe

Hey Roy.
I sent you an e-mail message asking why the ESB Shroud is "Out of Stock". So I wondered when you will have them or just ONE Available for me to purchase?

Thanks.

Joe
Hi Joe,
I did reply to you by email on Tuesday. The shrouds are currently sold out, but new ones are coming soon.
A smaller batch is almost done with the required modification. I hope to have them soon. Maybe another week. I'll let you know.

Roy

Hi Joe,
I did reply to you by email on Tuesday. The shrouds are currently sold out, but new ones are coming soon.
A smaller batch is almost done with the required modification. I hope to have them soon. Maybe another week. I'll let you know.

Roy
Ok Thanks. PLEASE Notify me as SOON as they are done!

Thanks.
Joe

Ok Thanks. PLEASE Notify me as SOON as they are done!

Thanks.
Joe
Hey Roy
Yea I found it. It SOMEHOW Went into my SPAM Folder! You have NO IDEA HOW Many things I snatch out of there EVERY Week!
It's really irritating!

Yes PLEASE Let me know as soon as I can buy one from the small batch.

Thanks.

Joe

Recently upgraded my vintage MPP flashgun’s clamp PCB/LED to a genuine one, and thought I’d share.

Many thanks to schrodinger555 for kindly selling it to me.

Interestingly too, I noticed that the clamp sleeve on this particular flash wraps all the way around the tube like we see in the few references of the original prop that we have. Some of the elder RPF members have told me they haven’t seen one with this type of sleeve in the community till now, which I thought was pretty cool.

66BCDA22-FD54-4023-9C2E-3C4DE69CD025.jpeg
855C7B50-6176-49C7-B50F-7A6CDD0D71D6.jpeg
8A926E63-1866-4465-9C2E-DBDA16EFA48B.jpeg
086ED6C6-6B7C-4406-8B21-4B92F1910FE7.jpeg
EDC19096-F4A3-491C-B307-8820EDB70E5E.jpeg
5A960C6D-05C2-45EA-AF5F-A161D70D8CD1.jpeg

Just curious - have you tried to compare if it matches better this way or if the card is flipped the other way around?
I think I see a pattern in the reference picture - that will match better if the 5 legs are on the lever's side then the 4 legs on the other side
1614705368113.png

Recently upgraded my vintage MPP flashgun’s clamp PCB/LED to a genuine one, and thought I’d share.

Interestingly too, I noticed that the clamp sleeve on this particular flash wraps all the way around the tube like we see in the few references of the original prop that we have. Some of the elder RPF members have told me they haven’t seen one with this type of sleeve in the community till now, which I thought was pretty cool.

View attachment 1432157View attachment 1432153View attachment 1432154View attachment 1432152View attachment 1432155View attachment 1432156

Gorgeous

Just curious - have you tried to compare if it matches better this way or if the card is flipped the other way around?
I think I see a pattern in the reference picture - that will match better if the 5 legs are on the lever's side then the 4 legs on the other side
View attachment 1432185

Yes, I compared it as best I could. It’s honestly subjective. The photo’s just too blurry. My reasoning for positioning it this way is because I think the LED’s favor the lever side more, even at that angle. They’re definitely not center. It would’ve looked off if I would’ve put it the opposite way. Really hoping more reference of this particular prop is made public at some point.

Beautiful work! The look of this particular PCB always adds so much character.

Hi Joe,

Roy
YEP! And Thanks to Roy and Wanna Wanga I now HAVE the whole ESB Shroud Kit coming my Way!
I bought the "Crinkle Paint" yesterday and now I'm ALL set and ready when the Shroud comes!

I LOVE This Community!

IMPRESSIVE... MOST Impressive! :D
Joe

I'm probably the source of that rumor as in the guidebook I show this image. I don't see wires, I DO see the wide grips used on stunts.
I remember it came from an important source, and I was right! so that got me thinking that maybe it was different takes or something. Here are the two screenshots. they are sooooo blurry

Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 5.36.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 5.36.35 PM.png

Actually.. I think the grip spacing is just large on this one, we can see 4 grips on our side. Now I see the red wire on both. This side of the saber means that's the brown and gray wires are on our side

download.jpeg

anyway, this would be the side... maybe it is missing a grip, or it was before they had to screw the grips back on
Hero.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back