Deprecated Vader MPP exactra activator replica.

parfaitelumiere

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello,

Sorry for closing it, but after people telling me a correct bubble strip is only 10 dollars and my work has virtually no valu ebecause it's possible to "do it yourself", I leave this project.
I prefer to stop now than spending lots of money for nothing.
So, the last choice for the few really interested in accuracy is getting the real stuff for many bucks and do it yourself because it's really easy, or not.
I added "deprecated" I hope the meaning is "no longer active"

IMG_3529.png

Last edited:
Looks awesome.
I am definitely interested for 1 set for Parks replicas and may be a second one for a Korbanth MPP2.0 but since I want to make a ESB conversion I need to wait for the future clamp conversion options.
Thanks for offering this set
Clément

Last edited:
Even though I've followed the other thread, could you explain again the differences of the MPP clamps? I've only ever had TCSS, 2.0, and Parks replicas in hand to compare.

I have to see pictures of the mr one, I think the korbanth will be ok, I wil probably get some in hands soon, so I will check if it works.

The wide opening clamp is larger, I think it's about as wide as a unmodified bubble once closed, even wider.
The best is to measure the clamp opening, closed, and provide the measurment so it will be easy to see if it's a narrow or wide clamp type.

TCSS and parks are identical if I don't mistake and both are narrow type.
YOu also have to taper it, so it gets even narrower once closed.

With the upcoming release of Roman's MPP and Korbanth's current run, interest in these should be huge. I think the sticking point is the price... it's a bit of a sticker shock... If you did a much larger run of these if you could bring the price down? Where are the "break points" with your suppliers?

50 pieces is already quite expensive for me, under this number it gets more expensive because of fix fee whatever the number is, over this number, maybe, 100, will be difficult to get the people for the run, and it won't lower the price enough so it gets interesting, the board will get a bit cheaper, but no change for bubble and my own work.
And you have to remember I will make most if the finish myself, trimming grooving, gluing etc...
When you check the price for a decent bubble, and add the price for a board, and even add the price of the work itself, I think it' difficult to make better stuff for this price, especially with the accuracy range I want to bring.
What I call a decent bubble is similar to real stuff level, this is what I am working on with the bubble maker, casting from a real one,about same quality as rebelscum, but from someone else, because it would be impossible to get a decent price using a rebeslcum bubble.
If people are ready to spend 200 dollar or more for a average accuracy replica, I don't see any problem to spend 50€ for a very good activator replica.

50€ is very reasonable, especially when it includes labor AND international shipping with tracking. What is the time frame on these and when would you require payment?

I still have to draw a circuit following the pcb design rules, I made a PNG file and sent to the maker, he explained me the type of file they require, and gave me a rough price quote.
I think within one month I will be able to ship.
Regarding payment, I will first finish the drawing, then get a more precise price quote, and as it gets sure it will be done, I will request payments.

Chris, I add you on the list, can you get more specific about the saber, if real mpp, large opening or not?!

First i wanted to say yes by impulse - but after giving it some thinking, not for the requested price.

Under the line i´m not interested in you doing the work, and not in the bubble strip. So it would be only the pcb that´s left interesting for me.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back