Vader Helmet/Armor display

jedi5150

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey gang,
I just got my hands on some vader armor, and I want to do a nice display with the lid and the armor. Somebody around these parts had a nice cross-shaped support system, but a search didn't turn up anything. Can whoever that was post pics, hopefully at least one without the lid/armor on it?

Thanks gang.

PS... no, I won't be wearing the armor... at 5'5" I look like I'm playing dress-up in Daddy's armor :p

I recently completed by helmet/armor display. What I did was use a kitchen towel holder as a base, added an aluminium tube on top of it, just the right height so as to support the size of the lid. Then I added another rube with a t-connector on top through which another tube (the length of the armor) goes. I used duct tape to connect this to the kitchen towel holder.

Vader015-800.jpg

It looks very simple by itself but I'm not really concerned with how it looks coz it's gonna be covered anyway. Here it is with the armor and lid. As I said, you can't see it.

Vader016-800-1.jpg

Hope this helps. :)

Is it just me? I'm only seeing the shot of the framework. No pic of the helmet and armor display.

Clever use of over-the-counter components to put together that framework, though. :thumbsup

If your anything like me and have no time to build a base grab a few boxes ;) . Here is an Old Pic of a helmet and armor i have long since sold
DSC03947.jpg

And a manniquin head.

Here's a pic of mine from a year or two ago - I made a display stand for my old ESB helmet and armour out of PVC pipe and a PVC drain hopper turned upside down as the base of the stand. It was easy to make - I drilled out a hole on either side of the vertical pipe and pushed some thinner 1" pipe through to make the horizontal. Add a bit of foam padding and you are good to go:

ruby0239opsmall2lu.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ Jun 15 2006, 12:14 AM) [snapback]1261576[/snapback]</div>
Is it just me? I'm only seeing the shot of the framework. No pic of the helmet and armor display.

Clever use of over-the-counter components to put together that framework, though. :thumbsup
[/b]

Sorry about that. :D Post edited to include pic of the framework with the lid and armor.

<div class='quotetop'>(kalkamel @ Jun 15 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]1261862[/snapback]</div>
Sorry about that. :D Post edited to include pic of the framework with the lid and armor.[/b]
I see it now... and it looks great. :eek :thumbsup

And ob1al, I really like the way the color of your stand matches the armor. Very classy. :thumbsup

Great displays, everybody. Makes me want to do one, too... :)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back