Vader Helmet/Armor display

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by jedi5150, Jun 14, 2006.

1. jedi5150

jedi5150 Well-Known Member

Hey gang,
    I just got my hands on some vader armor, and I want to do a nice display with the lid and the armor. Somebody around these parts had a nice cross-shaped support system, but a search didn't turn up anything. Can whoever that was post pics, hopefully at least one without the lid/armor on it?

Thanks gang.

PS... no, I won't be wearing the armor... at 5'5" I look like I'm playing dress-up in Daddy's armor :p

2. kalkamel

kalkamel Sr Member

I recently completed by helmet/armor display. What I did was use a kitchen towel holder as a base, added an aluminium tube on top of it, just the right height so as to support the size of the lid. Then I added another rube with a t-connector on top through which another tube (the length of the armor) goes. I used duct tape to connect this to the kitchen towel holder.

[​IMG]

It looks very simple by itself but I'm not really concerned with how it looks coz it's gonna be covered anyway. Here it is with the armor and lid. As I said, you can't see it.

[​IMG]

Hope this helps. :)

3. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Is it just me? I'm only seeing the shot of the framework. No pic of the helmet and armor display.

Clever use of over-the-counter components to put together that framework, though. :thumbsup

4. GundamZeppelin

GundamZeppelin Sr Member

If your anything like me and have no time to build a base grab a few boxes ;) . Here is an Old Pic of a helmet and armor i have long since sold
    [​IMG]
    And a manniquin head.

5. Too Much Garlic

Too Much Garlic Master Member

I like the idea of the cross shaped helmet and armor stand. Very innovative and quite simple and clever. :thumbsup

6. bothanspy

bothanspy Sr Member

Here's my little setup

7. ob1al

ob1al Sr Member

Here's a pic of mine from a year or two ago - I made a display stand for my old ESB helmet and armour out of PVC pipe and a PVC drain hopper turned upside down as the base of the stand. It was easy to make - I drilled out a hole on either side of the vertical pipe and pushed some thinner 1" pipe through to make the horizontal. Add a bit of foam padding and you are good to go:

[​IMG]

8. kalkamel

kalkamel Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ Jun 15 2006, 12:14 AM) [snapback]1261576[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry about that. :D Post edited to include pic of the framework with the lid and armor.

9. temponaut

temponaut Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>(kalkamel @ Jun 15 2006, 11:47 AM) [snapback]1261862[/snapback]</div>
    I see it now... and it looks great. :eek :thumbsup

And ob1al, I really like the way the color of your stand matches the armor. Very classy. :thumbsup

Great displays, everybody. Makes me want to do one, too... :)

10. jedi5150

jedi5150 Well-Known Member

exactly what I needed to see, and exactly what I want to do.. THANKS....