Vader guys, any experience with this ebay seller? (CAPE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

juajn7fernandez

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
HI guys!

I'm looking for a decent Vader cape and so far the only options I can see out there are: KevVader, Fenixprops, and this ebay seller Hollywoodprop. Kev's capes look amazing but they are way to expensive and the wait time is a bit ridiculous right now. As for Fenix, The price seems great but I cant find reviews on their capes and the pictures on their website are just not convincing at all, specifically the thickness of the leather collar (looks way too thick). However this ebay seller Hollywoodprop has been selling his capes and Vader pieces for a long time and his pictures although not the best (pictures) the actual cape looks good. The only thing that looks off to me on his cape is the chain and it could easily be replaced. I was about to start buying supplies to start making my own as it seem completely doable, but its gonna be way too time consuming for me right now. Anyways I thought I'd ask around here before making a decision, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW- if you've been around ebay looking for vader parts, he always uses this picture as his main item picture:
Screen Shot 2015-11-17 at 7.42.56 PM.png

I don't know the seller you're asking about, but I have capes and leather suit from Fenixprops/Custom Props and I love it. I sent them lots of photos of the ANH screen used cape back in 2005 so mine is ANH style with the collar, but the craftsmanship and price were great.

17469498157700-vi.jpg

14469498154184-vi.jpg

Thanks for letting me know James! I wish they would update their pictures with better ones and with current actual props. I've heard and seen great things when it comes to their leather stuff but nothing really on their capes until now that you've shown me yours. I however am building a ROTJ version. Just gonna try to keep getting opinions here.

Thanks

Indeed custom-props now has an excellent wool variant available but you need to make a special request and mention an upgrade ... he will show 3 samples of fabric to choose from as you can see here post #106 : http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.php?showtopic=9052&page=6 ... 'John Cooper' looks indeed the best choice ... here's his sale : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-P...563f9af&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=171910326338 ... just make certain this buy-it-now option contains the fabric of your choice but it gives you an idea of the going rate ... for more information please send a question to custom-props :)

Chaim

Sym-Cha - Thanks for the link! For some odd reason his listings dont show up for me when I do a regular search. With your link I was able to access his entire store!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back