VADER EXPERTS

:eek the size of the helmet should turn this in to an interesting post. And the lenses are grey instead of the shade of red you see on 98% of the ANH lids you see out there.

<div class='quotetop'></div>
Here are three very important photoÂ’s. On the left, two original blasters showing the variations on Hans SoloÂ’s weapons. On the right, an ORIGINAL Darth Vader helmet, with the ORIGINAL Indy whip :)

Note the bits on top, only ORIGINALÂ’s have these fitted, anything moulded is a copy or fake.[/b]

This is not an original casting. I wish it was....but it's not.

They say the tabs are separate but that doesn't mean anything...I have tabs from that era and could easily mount them on a casting and call it original. And if they have the original faceplate then where's the helmet?

EDIT: They do claim ownship to it.

This is not an original casting[/b]

Do you have any proof to back up this statement?

I wish it was....but it's not. [/b]

Are you kidding me? You are kidding, right?
If this is an original casting of the ANH faceplate, your entire Vader world (built on the GH ANH helmet) would come crashing down.

Lets here your proof.

Joe

I was at Elstree props last week and they do claim to have a newly found and original anh Vader mask..

I have found both Elstree props and heritage very genuine and knowledgable on what props they have, there seems to be 2 sides to elstree props 1 side that is a business and the other side to preserve what props have been found at elstree.

There is a contact email on there site so maybe contact them I'm sure you will get an honest answer.

I was lucky enough to see there original c3po head and there ROTJ Luke light saber, the head was appartently screen used but the saber was one of a batch made for rotj but rejected due to an imperfection.

I'm a massive Vader fan and asked about the vader but alas it was in safe keeping BUT I have asked to arrange to go and see this at a later date, if the dream comes true I will go on a picture frenzy.........

Its a sad reality that in my years collecting props we all start to view things with a guilty untill proven genuine approach, trust me i have been ripped off big time in the past.

BUT I HAVE A STRANGE WARM FEELING ABOUT THIS ONE. :)

Watch this space ;)

<div class='quotetop'>(jimbobond @ Jun 21 2006, 10:40 PM) [snapback]1265361[/snapback]</div>
I was at Elstree props last week and they do claim to have a newly found and original anh Vader mask..

I have found both Elstree props and heritage very genuine and knowledgable on what props they have, there seems to be 2 sides to elstree props 1 side that is a business and the other side to preserve what props have been found at elstree.

There is a contact email on there site so maybe contact them I'm sure you will get an honest answer.

I was lucky enough to see there original c3po head and there ROTJ Luke light saber, the head was appartently screen used but the saber was one of a batch made for rotj but rejected due to an imperfection.

I'm a massive Vader fan and asked about the vader but alas it was in safe keeping BUT I have asked to arrange to go and see this at a later date, if the dream comes true I will go on a picture frenzy.........

Its a sad reality that in my years collecting props we all start to view things with a guilty untill proven genuine approach, trust me i have been ripped off big time in the past.

BUT I HAVE A STRANGE WARM FEELING ABOUT THIS ONE. :)

Watch this space ;)
[/b]

Well this is encouraging news. If you do get to see it and are allowed to take pics please make sure you get some good close up shots of the front and side of the mouth so we can makeout any identifying dents.

Yes, the people at Elstree are very knowledgable about props, but that doesn't change the fact that this mask is not an original. This is not an idle opinion I'm throwing out here.

<div class='quotetop'>(SithLord @ Jun 21 2006, 07:58 PM) [snapback]1265455[/snapback]</div>
Yes, the people at Elstree are very knowledgable about props, but that doesn't change the fact that this mask is not an original. This is not an idle opinion I'm throwing out here.
[/b]
It may not be, but your detractors want you to qualify yourself when you say it "is not an original".

<div class='quotetop'>(Qui-Gonzalez @ Jun 21 2006, 08:26 PM) [snapback]1265473[/snapback]</div>
So wait, the studio that took part in the making of the OT does not know what an original ANH Vader faceplate looks like?
[/b]

Perhaps they do, but this is not one of them.

Based on...what, exactly? It is easy to pic apart another alledged "Original Piece" that I won't mention, but until some more evidence is seen from Elstree, it is awfully hard to say this or that is or isn't original.

I could care less about wether it was cast from the original mold, taken from a film used mask, taken from an unused mask leftover from the production, etc..

What I would care about is does it have ALL the features that an unmodified original casting should have.

No way to tell from that small pic though.

I find it hard to believe, Gino, that you would not care what it was? Surely if it was original, then we'd be getting into the details that are relevant and those that are not, wouldn't you say?

Qui, I'm not actually basing my statement on the photograph. If you like, PM me and we can discuss it further....this sort of gets into a messy bit of business :unsure

I agree. If you air a statement like that out to us big boys, it should be backed up in the same manner. There are many people who are now curious about your statement, least of all me.

Alright.

I've heard conflicting firsthand accounts of its origin. They both turned out not to be true. If the origin is not true, neither can be the claim of originality.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back