Unlimited Run Vader chest armor - ANH / ESB / ROTJ

bookface

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey all, now that I've got things worked out with the chest armour I thought I'd start a thread for it. Details are listed below with pics of the different versions. As with the helmets, part of the sale price of this armour goes to a lady with disabilities who often struggles to make ends meet. So far you guys have helped her pay for car stuff, medications and electricity bills. From both she and myself, thank you.

Rather than list it 3 times for each helmet, I will say this once. Shipping to the US/Canada will be $85. Europe $40. UK $20. If I get any PM's asking about shipping that are covered in this line of text, I will link you right back to this thread and let you feel slightly silly.

Now on to the purdy pictures. But don't forget to read the werds too.
smile.png

ANH
Same sort of deal as the ANH helmet, gunmetal is brushed on. Black can either be a slightly scuffed gloss that matches the helmet (depending on the paint job on your helmet!), or a plain satin, your choice. Bells are attached with leather straps.

Unfinished chest + shoulder bells - $330 + shipping.
Finished chest + shoulder bells - $440+ shipping

IMG_2893_zps2573b467.jpg

IMG_2885_zps9358ac25.jpg

IMG_2884_zps00ac1288.jpg

ESB
ESB is available in 3 forms, unfinished, finished with the shoulder bells hanging underneath the armour like ANH, or shoulder bells mounted flush with the sides like ROTJ. The only difference to the ROTJ armour will be the lack of a cape hook for ESB. Clear coat is a high gloss 2k polyurethane. Shown here with a Darth Ugly ESB helmet as well.

Unfinished chest + shoulder bells - $330 + shipping. Unfinished chest + shoulder bells with hinges fitted for flush mounting - $375 + shipping.
Finished chest + hanging shoulder bells - $440 + shipping. Finished chest + flush shoulder bells - $495 + shipping

bust6_zpsfacd3a71.jpg

bust8_zps0d98e9cf.jpg

bust9_zpse149a31c.jpg

ROTJ
Pretty much the same as ESB but with the addition of the cape hook, and of course there is no option for hanging shoulder bells.

Unfinished chest + shoulder bells with hinges fitted for flush mounting - $375 + shipping.
Finished chest + flush shoulder bells - $495 + shipping

IMG_2892_zps0dad9c9b.jpg

IMG_2888_zps2f88ca57.jpg

IMG_2889_zpsaa5a28eb.jpg

smile.png

IMG_2893_zps2573b467.jpg

IMG_2885_zps9358ac25.jpg

IMG_2884_zps00ac1288.jpg

bust6_zpsfacd3a71.jpg

bust8_zps0d98e9cf.jpg

bust9_zpse149a31c.jpg

IMG_2892_zps0dad9c9b.jpg

IMG_2888_zps2f88ca57.jpg

IMG_2889_zpsaa5a28eb.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Gunmetal strips look different on the ESB vs. ROTJ. Is that just lighting or are they different colors??

Also do the shoulder bells match on the back as well???

Awesome work and great price!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Thanks guys! Gunmetal colour is the same on ESB and ROTJ, lighting and camera settings may have varied slightly as I think I took the pics on different days.

Shoulder bells do line up at the back as well as the front if you go for the flush shoulder mountings.

Quasimodo with armour will be posted soon, I've had to do a new Quasimodo mould and will showing a new cast with the armour when I have one.

Definitely in for a finished ESB set with hanging shoulders. Please PM me for details. Will look great with my ESB helmet I got from you. :)

Not being an armor expert would this be considered a Quasimodo armor or Darth Ugly Armor?

Looks like it matches the Quasimoto level of detail to me but I also thought the Rubies was actually okay looking armor.

I posted this in another thread but I thought I would do it here as I haven't heard anything yet my question is, is there a thread showing what base was used for these and what are the measurements?

Ironmanly, your post count is near 0, and we typically require a post count of 40 here on RPF, or if you are a 501st member, there are requirements and information posted on the Classifieds on 501stSithLords.com.

I don't mind the fact that your first post since account creation on April 2013 is inquiring about origins, but that instead of giving me and bookface any time to post a response over a weekend (when we have our respective families, and they take priority over props) that your second post ever is to drill the question a second time. That's not something I'm used to seeing.

I'm not sure you really qualify for purchase, regardless of what I chose to write in response or answer.

Back to watching a movie with my little one.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't already responded to this, I don't check the actual threads that often since most people just PM me these days!

In regards to origins of the armour, the original piece was something that Mac had had in his own collection for a while that was of ESB/ROTJ lineage, but it suffered from some surface warpage and soft details. He went at it for this project and sanded, reshaped, sharpened up and enhanced pretty much most of it. He also put a lot of effort into making sure that it could be worn by costumers who are not Prowse-like in build, and so there are some modifications to the back that would not be considered to be screen accurate, but help to create a better look when worn by people who are fairly slim. I myself am a 40" chest, and it doesn't look too bad on me, though were I to actually suit up I would still need to pad certain areas of the bodysuit.

It was optimised to work with Darth Ugly or Quasimodo, and the size and shape of the necks on those helmets was taken into account when he was reworking it. This will hopefully help to avoid the issues with armour where you can look a bit like Darth "I-have-a-head-but-no-neck" Vader because the helmet has slipped into the armours neckline.

In regards to is this 'Darth Ugly' or 'Quasimodo' armour, it's neither. Those two tiers were created because of the way they were sculpted on different platforms, and also to make a helmet available at a cheaper price than was commonly available. There is only one set of armour, and I have no intention of creating either a cheaper or more expensive version. Just think of it as bookface armour. :) If you order it with a Quasimodo helmet, I will make an effort to make sure the finishes are comparable.

In terms of size, here are the measurements that I took for the SLD 501st members. Measurements are straight and do not take into account curves etc.

measurements1.jpg

measurements2.jpg

Awesome work: I love it and maybe I'll get one for my Quasimodo!

Enrico

Hey guys, sorry I haven't already responded to this, I don't check the actual threads that often since most people just PM me these days!

In regards to origins of the armour, the original piece was something that Mac had had in his own collection for a while that was of ESB/ROTJ lineage, but it suffered from some surface warpage and soft details. He went at it for this project and sanded, reshaped, sharpened up and enhanced pretty much most of it. He also put a lot of effort into making sure that it could be worn by costumers who are not Prowse-like in build, and so there are some modifications to the back that would not be considered to be screen accurate, but help to create a better look when worn by people who are fairly slim. I myself am a 40" chest, and it doesn't look too bad on me, though were I to actually suit up I would still need to pad certain areas of the bodysuit.

It was optimised to work with Darth Ugly or Quasimodo, and the size and shape of the necks on those helmets was taken into account when he was reworking it. This will hopefully help to avoid the issues with armour where you can look a bit like Darth "I-have-a-head-but-no-neck" Vader because the helmet has slipped into the armours neckline.

In regards to is this 'Darth Ugly' or 'Quasimodo' armour, it's neither. Those two tiers were created because of the way they were sculpted on different platforms, and also to make a helmet available at a cheaper price than was commonly available. There is only one set of armour, and I have no intention of creating either a cheaper or more expensive version. Just think of it as bookface armour. :) If you order it with a Quasimodo helmet, I will make an effort to make sure the finishes are comparable.

In terms of size, here are the measurements that I took for the SLD 501st members. Measurements are straight and do not take into account curves etc.

View attachment 401036

View attachment 401037

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back