VADER BELT BOXES-Rectangular green lights

Replicator1701

I'm currently making my 1st vader costume.
I've collected all the parts for my belt boxes except
for the green rectagular lights. Can anyone help
with this?

Thanks,
Todd M.

Originally posted by Replicator1701+Apr 1 2006, 02:39 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Replicator1701 @ Apr 1 2006, 02:39 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-KevVader
@Mar 31 2006, 08:41 PM
Which version?
[snapback]1217264[/snapback]​

Rotj or Esb were both rectangular so that would be what I'm after.
[snapback]1217342[/snapback]​
[/b]

www.grainger.com

Search for "panel lamp" can't remember the part number. Just buy the holder and not the lamp assembly then insert your own LED's. Worked very well for me.

Matt

Do they look like the one shown on the bottom?
lights.jpg

I found one of these locally, and I'm thinking of trying to replicate it in a clear green resin if it's right for ESB/ROTJ. I've been starting into a Vader belt myself. I also found some that look like a dead-ringer for my ANH belt, but only in clear, blue, red, and orange.
newlights.jpg

I'm figuring out how to make the clear ones green, whether that means a resin-cast copy with a hollow for LED's or just gluing some green lighting gel to the outside cleanly. Maybe some crafty-type stained-glass paint over them?:wacko

The gel laid overtop gave me a nice colour, though.
newlights2.jpg

Any thoughts?

I listed a link below on where to purchase some ANH green lights, I think theyÂ’re real close in terms of accuracy. They might need to be tweaked a little bit.

FETTCLONE – The red and green lights shown for the ESB/ROTJ are close. The bezel needs to be black of course and the green lense shorten in height. Also the black bezel is more taller and square in edges for the on-screen version. The red light is ok but the front of it is flat and has a chrome like bezel. Hope this helps.

Green Panel Lamp

for the rectangular lights, i used these:
72354769-belt1w3.jpg

they can be found in quanity for a nice price here
you will have to mod them a bit (paint the bezel black) but they look ok imo. i got rid of the bulb housing and used led's to light them.

as for the anh square look, i did a tutorial on how i modded those lights in the above post. check it out tutorial
Image2bc.jpg

hope this helps :)

I love helpful answers, and tutorials too. Thanks, guys. This certainly helps me out. I just hope it helps Replicator, too. I wouldn't want to jack his thread (hope I haven't already :$ ).

I'm sure he needs to know what everyone is using for the silver knobs, too. Ebay, hardware store, fan-made? What's accurate and where are folks getting them? Don't forget about any washers/bushings that may go around them, too. :D

Good to hear JB Weld works well on metal. I have a buckle I nedd to assemble soon.

I use these lights for my ESB belt, I think they look really accurate. AND THE FRAME IS BLACK ... If anyone is interested, just PM me, I have a few sets here (upgraded with green LEDs for saving battery-power).

Lamps mounted on my personal belt:
lights.jpg

Single GREEN lamp (it´s the same lamp, light conditions were different, sorry .)

belt-lamps2.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(tk2647 @ Jul 22 2006, 08:45 AM) [snapback]1285671[/snapback]</div>
I use these lights for my ESB belt, I think they look really accurate. If anyone is interested, just PM me, I have a few sets here (upgraded with green LEDs for saving battery-power).

lights.jpg

Single GREEN lamp (it´s the same lamp, light conditions were different, sorry .)

belt-lamps2.jpg

[/b]

You got PM.

<div class='quotetop'>(tk2647 @ Jul 22 2006, 03:45 PM) [snapback]1285671[/snapback]</div>
I use these lights for my ESB belt, I think they look really accurate. AND THE FRAME IS BLACK ... If anyone is interested, just PM me, I have a few sets here (upgraded with green LEDs for saving battery-power).

lights.jpg

belt-lamps2.jpg

[/b]

Still a few sets are left, no one is building up an ESB/ROTJ belt ? B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DARTH PIMPHAT @ Apr 12 2006, 08:10 AM) [snapback]1224989[/snapback]</div>
for the rectangular lights, i used these:
72354769-belt1w3.jpg

they can be found in quanity for a nice price here
you will have to mod them a bit (paint the bezel black) but they look ok imo. i got rid of the bulb housing and used led's to light them.

as for the anh square look, i did a tutorial on how i modded those lights in the above post. check it out tutorial
Image2bc.jpg

hope this helps :)
[/b]

Thanks DP, just ordered mine off of ebay. They will look great on my ESB boxes.
Dave

For accuracy's sake, the ANH lamps were not square. They were also rectangular, but a bit smaller in size. And of course they were a different type of lamp altogether. Peace,

Dave :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vaderdarth @ Mar 5 2007, 02:01 PM) [snapback]1431956[/snapback]</div>
For accuracy's sake, the ANH lamps were not square. They were also rectangular, but a bit smaller in size. And of course they were a different type of lamp altogether. Peace,

Dave :)
[/b]

Like these
ANHLAMP3.JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back