Vader ANH Lightsaber - A Heiland Conversion

Andymac84

Sr Member
Hi guys.
I got this very nice hollowed out Heiland flash and the plastic T-Tracks a while ago from BobasBounty. It was an awesome deal :thumbsup
Luckily I was able to find a Heiland flash bulb holder to fit into the body.
Next thing was to get a replica MPP clamp, which wasn't easy at all..
Mugatu was so helpful to get this done without overpaying this piece.
Another step which I've loved to do was to get the TI-Exactra board beneath the bubbles.
This looks so freaking cool. :thumbsup
It was time to get the D-Ring on. It was easier as I've thought.
And finally remove the black paint from the sidebars to get the ANH look. Done!
I have to say, I'm cool with the inaccurate one-step-shroud. And for a real flashtube-saber for about 110$, it turned out very well as a display piece or vader stunt saber ;)
Any comments are welcome. Hope you folks are not tired from seeing another Heiland conversion :D
As always, click onto each pic to view it larger:

Oh, I forgot to get a correct button panel...any help?

That finished saber is a real beauty!
I think I'm going to have to order the clamp myself, just to get the sleeve underneath.

This is on the table for me right now... I too am keeping the 2 step - not just because I don't mind the look, but if I swap it with an mpp replica, I'll end up having this 2 step I'll need to attach to yet ANOTHER Vader-ish saber. So keep it at this.

I am jealous of the rounded slots. If I could swap my square holes for the rounded I would, but don't want to dump even MORE money into this

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what is your D ring attached to? There's not enough room to drill a hole in mine...

That finished saber is a real beauty!
I think I'm going to have to order the clamp myself, just to get the sleeve underneath.

Thank you man. It wouldn't have been finished without your kind help. Go forward, it is a really nice replica of the clamp:thumbsup

This is on the table for me right now... I too am keeping the 2 step - not just because I don't mind the look, but if I swap it with an mpp replica, I'll end up having this 2 step I'll need to attach to yet ANOTHER Vader-ish saber. So keep it at this.

I am jealous of the rounded slots. If I could swap my square holes for the rounded I would, but don't want to dump even MORE money into this

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what is your D ring attached to? There's not enough room to drill a hole in mine...

Looking forward to your progress :thumbsup
It is an actual standard D-ring and there is indeed enough room for drilling, but it is hidden through the step on the shroud. I've drilled at first vertically on both sides just as much as the steps thickness...and then take the drill horizontal and work into it from the sides. Each side separately! As if you drill through both it could happen that the tool is braken apart and the shroud is done..
Let me know if that helps or if you need more info on this..

Looking forward to your progress :thumbsup
It is an actual standard D-ring and there is indeed enough room for drilling, but it is hidden through the step on the shroud. I've drilled at first vertically on both sides just as much as the steps thickness...and then take the drill horizontal and work into it from the sides. Each side separately! As if you drill through both it could happen that the tool is braken apart and the shroud is done..
Let me know if that helps or if you need more info on this..

Any chance of posting a pic of that Shroud hole so I can get a better idea?

Thanks!

I'll live with my square holes. I need to finish simply because it's TECHNICALLY the first vintage flash I ever bought, so it deserves to fill it's inaccurate purpose.

Any chance of posting a pic of that Shroud hole so I can get a better idea?

Thanks!

I'll live with my square holes. I need to finish simply because it's TECHNICALLY the first vintage flash I ever bought, so it deserves to fill it's inaccurate purpose.

I hope that pics will help you:
1st: drill straight down vertical into the shroud deep enough as the thickness of the step: Blue arrow is the drill, red line is the bottom of the step:

2nd: drill from the side hole by hole (each side separately) to the middle: that's the holes where the ring will sit:

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some more for referencing:

I love that card under the bubbles :love

Nice work! I really like the look of the circuit board under the bubbles also. How accurate is that? Either way, I like it :thumbsup
Oh, & your lightsaber collection is awesome! Great display. Clean & classic. Very nice.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back