Vader ANH belt box mesh - what is it? Or what's closest?

ob1al

Sr Member
As there has been much DV ANH belt box discussion lately, I suppose the next natural question for those of us working on accurate ANH belts is the belt box mesh.

Has it ever been positively ID'd? If not, what material or size of mesh comes closest to what is seen onscreen in ANH?

I seem to recall reading something about it being a 70's fluorescent light covering (the plastic cover stuff) cut up and sprayed silver...or did I imagine that? :confused

I believe there will be an answer soon. :D

Well, at least an opportunity to get some, keep an eye out for a post from Dave :)

Cheers,

Kraig

I remember reading/hearing that it was the mesh from the front of an old tape recorder....maybe off the speaker grill or something?

Does anyone have a good clear pic of the boxes ? Sometimes it helps to look, and stare.

Kell

It's not that clear, but here's a pic:

anhbelt0il.jpg

this is of JRX's box hope he dosent mind if i only knewn what trype of tape recorder it was io MIGHT. big Might be able to get my hands on it i known alot of people living in the past LOL.
(JRX) boxes
ANH_BeltBoxes_003.jpg

Eat097.jpg
dose this look close to anyone else... i'm going out of my mind looking.... or it could have been the hours i have been putting in. :confused

... I'm not sure Gundam, it looks as though the perforations on the ANH mesh are arranged in rows and columns all in line with each other, rather than the 'brickwork' pattern of the mesh on that tape machine.

HOWEVER.

You might just have taken a giant leap closer to finding the very ellusive metal mesh used on Vader's neckbrace under all the greeblies.. (Also seen as the inner lining of Luke's robotic wrist at the end of ESB).

Maybe you could start a new thread with some nice close ups of that Roberts mesh and see what other Vader Reveal guys think? Looks VERY close to me. You'd need a larger section of mesh for a Vader neckbrace though so it probably didn't come directly from one of these machines, but there may be a common source.

Jeremy

this looks like vader face mess
12533908_o.jpg

I have tryed to to ask metal companys to locate mess like the ones i posted befor but no luck so far.

That looks pretty damn close. Even the number of rows and columns looks close.

<div class='quotetop'>(GundamZeppelin @ Jun 5 2006, 11:56 AM) [snapback]1256481[/snapback]</div>
this is of JRX's box hope he dosent mind if i only knewn what trype of tape recorder it was io MIGHT. big Might be able to get my hands on it i known alot of people living in the past LOL.
(JRX) boxes
ANH_BeltBoxes_003.jpg

[/b]

ya that's still a big mystery...would love to know as well...but I'm sure there are people working on it...if I remember later I'll see if I have any closer pics....I've tried scanning the web without luck...and checked hardware stores...still without luck...

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back