Vaccum Forming needed

Lukea

Hi

I have a sword blade I need vacuum Formed. It is only half a blade as I will glue the two halves together. I can provide several if needed so a sheet of them can be done at one time. The blade is about 29 inches long and not detailed. I hope to be able to get a bunch done on a sheet or two of plastic so I can make a handful of blades cheaply.

Can anyone help with this? Maybe there is a simpler and/or cheaper way I am overlooking.

Thanks

Hi

I have a sword blade I need vacuum Formed. It is only half a blade as I will glue the two halves together. I can provide several if needed so a sheet of them can be done at one time. The blade is about 29 inches long and not detailed. I hope to be able to get a bunch done on a sheet or two of plastic so I can make a handful of blades cheaply.

Can anyone help with this? Maybe there is a simpler and/or cheaper way I am overlooking.

Thanks

Hi !

I'm not that good at vacuum forming but it is difficult to form over
2 foot long thing with a vac forming. Because you have to prepare long size vacu form box and also need a good resource for heating up the large sized sheet plastic.

Does your blades use for action or just an display, or you use this for one of the prop of costuming ?

If it need not to be so stiff, you should use some hard styrene foam and metallic foil or coating with a filler and spray silver paint.

These are just my idea. Someone will give you another good one.

Thanks for your reply.

These blades are just for display and they don't need to have any certain color like shiny metal. I do all my own painting after the fact and prefer to start with a freshly primed surface.

I was thinking of building a vacu-forming table myself. Maybe that's the way to go.

I have access to a large vac table, but the 29" blade is still the issue. If you could break the bucks into to sections, I could probably get it done for you. Do you have photos of the master buck?

Thanks but as I think about it it seems that shipping would cost a good bit. I think I am going to build my own table. I really need it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back