V2 builders kit: Shared Stunt V3

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Since it's still raw, I decided to add the holes I wanted. A hole for "wires" ... and a tapped 8/32 set screw to hold a steel rod in there. I also sculpted something into the body.... recognize the detail?

Attachments

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
thanks guys! I only remember seeing one obvious seam line, so i thought that side of the mold collapsed a bit or something. is it on both sides?!

I decided to go pure ugly on this one :)

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sooooo. I somehow spasmed my hip and in trying to stay avtive, I went down to the shop and re cut the seam lines. Including the second one. That was so simple I decided to go and start painting the darned thing. The grill paint cured so quickly that I was able to scrape off the grip rings almost immediately. I then moved on to dressing the saber with real aluminum tape. That stuff is unforgiving, easily crinkled and rigid. Took me a few tries but I got it! An X Acto knife helped me get clean edges with the tape, so i didnt bother with the edges until after i got the main part smoothly stuck on. Also, the adhesive is ridiculous! I used ipg intertape. Painted the emitter before the tape unlike the ugly redecoration they did. I feel like the copper on the neck is missing something. I even did a brass wash first!

Attachments

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Soooo... I sliced Anakin Starkillers nipple in two. It was too short to fill the space and get screwed in, so I eyeballed the depth we can see on the real prop, which turned out to be the height after the diameter changes on the nipple! Now it's screwed to a steel rod, which is set screwed in the windvane. Also, got a slothfirnace card with the accurate mismatched brass (copper neck) and installed it the way I always do, with wires and packing tape. I also cleaned up the seam line a little, too much paint got caught up in there. Should I clear coat this? The grill paint is pretty hard, so is the copper rustoleum.

Attachments