V2 and Shared Stunt blade attachment..how did they do it?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

THX1989

Hello everyone

This question is been bothering me as i am working on machining a V2 and a shared stunt both. How were the metal stunt blades attached to the nipples? I know the Yumas blade was bolted into the nipple but I have been told it was different for the other two. In BTS rehearsal pics of the shared stunt amd the V2 it only shows blade and no nipple visable .NOW i have been told the metal or
Carbon blades (not sure what was used)were slipped OVER the nipples and screwed on, Is this how the blades attached? Or were they attached like the yuma. Just want to get my replica as accurate as my novice hands can

Please any advice welcome

Last edited:

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

THX1989

Cool thanks Chaim. So they had a smaller rod bonded into the blade that ran through the body of the whole hilt and were set screwed in the nipple and emitter? The blade itself never went in correct? Just the smaller rod?

Sym-Cha

Master Member
Indeed that's at least how I see it, until someone who knows more about the real deal steps up and shows us otherwise :)

Chaim

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Chaim do you know of any truth to the blades used being tank antennas?

Sym-Cha

Master Member
No ... I don't sorry ... though I have seen lots of pictures with crooked, bend light metal rods and read about snapping wooden poles back in the olden days ... and they used lots of them ... no time to mend or fix :wacko

Chaim