V Visitors Henry Atkins Portable Computer Identiified

the.rebel.agent

Sr Member
Probably old news, but I saw a photo in another forum and they claimed that a Tandy 102 model was the computer used on that episode War Of Illusions. Well, being a software Engineer helped me out and based on shape, labels and air date, I identified the portable computer used to hack the Visitors Battle Sphere. TRS-80 Model 100 from Radio Shack:

Henry and his father:

2012-04-11_19-17-44_878.jpg

Labels covered:

2012-04-11_19-19-43_38.jpg

2012-04-11_19-17-57_670.jpg

Label uncovered:

2012-04-11_19-29-47_873.jpg

A real one:
radio-shack-trs-80-model-100-mobile-computer.jpg

I was able to grab one on eBay. Hope this helps those resistance fighters over there trying to hack the Visitors Main Computer.:)

Last edited:
I was a huge V fan in the 80's. And oddly - I was VERY familiar with this computer... about 1994 - I was working in a vinyl record shop - and we actually used this exact same terminal for our in-store inventories and stock re-ordering. It had like a 300 baud modem we would hook up to the phone line - and send our orders out to our distributor. I remember my first day using it and geeking out that this was the same computer terminal from V...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back