V Visitors Henry Atkins Portable Computer Identiified

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by the.rebel.agent, Apr 11, 2012.

1. the.rebel.agent

the.rebel.agent Sr Member

Probably old news, but I saw a photo in another forum and they claimed that a Tandy 102 model was the computer used on that episode War Of Illusions. Well, being a software Engineer helped me out and based on shape, labels and air date, I identified the portable computer used to hack the Visitors Battle Sphere. TRS-80 Model 100 from Radio Shack:

Henry and his father:

[​IMG]

Labels covered:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Label uncovered:

[​IMG]

A real one:
    [​IMG]

I was able to grab one on eBay. Hope this helps those resistance fighters over there trying to hack the Visitors Main Computer.:)

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  2. the.rebel.agent

the.rebel.agent Sr Member

3. nosajpks

nosajpks New Member

I was a huge V fan in the 80's. And oddly - I was VERY familiar with this computer... about 1994 - I was working in a vinyl record shop - and we actually used this exact same terminal for our in-store inventories and stock re-ordering. It had like a 300 baud modem we would hook up to the phone line - and send our orders out to our distributor. I remember my first day using it and geeking out that this was the same computer terminal from V...