RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Decided a couple of months ago that I was finally going to do the V build that I have wanted to do forever. The costume, overall, isn't that complex, but I wanted to make sure it was as close to the screen as I could get. I'll update the first post as I get each piece complete.
- The hat - (WIP) Few different options here - will likely have it custom made so it fits properly with mask and wig.
- Wig - (WIP) Basic "Cleopatra" style wig that has some styling in the bangs to frame the mask better. My mother-in-law is a hairdresser and has done killer work before on my cosplay wigs, so this won't be an issue.
- The mask - I wanted to make sure that the mask was done right - there a few cheap versions out there, but none of them are right. I got a lucky break on EBay and was able to score one of sskunky 's masks for a fantastic price. The work on these is amazing. I don't want to attach anything to the mask directly so I am making a mesh "headband" that will go over my eyes to mask them and will wear a neck gaiter to hide my neck and jaw.
- The doublet - (WIP) Fabric has been received. Confirmed it is the same fabric used to make the tunic, sold by Hopkins Fabric in London - see post in thread. Darth Mule had done the costume before and made his own doublet and offers the pattern for sale on his Etsy page here.
- The gloves - (WIP) The glove style is "hand-stitched" with an extended cuff. There are a few different options to recreate these that I am looking at.
- The daggers - (WIP) 3D print complete. Off to have mold made.
- The belt - (WIP) J EM had done some work on this before, and the pattern for the leather he shared are still available. Link to the thread here. He also shared his belt buckle file, but I decided to model my own based on screen grabs. The second image of the buckle is my model overlayed on the screen grab. I'll add the middle bar once I have the leather thickness figured out. I'll model out the knife holders as well.
- The cape - (WIP) This is confirmed to be a cashmere/wool blend. Nothing flashy to it, will have one of my local seamstress friends put one together for me.
- The pants - (WIP) Black twill pants, judging from the fabric grain. Shouldn't be to hard to find.
- The boots - (WIP) These appear to be customized riding boots. There's a leather accent piece over the top of the foot and the heel. I've looped in Studio Boheme' to make these for me.