V Resistance Experimental Explosive Charge Replica Prop

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

the.rebel.agent

Sr Member
Yes, yet another old V TV show prop. This time, the experimental explosive charge Ham Tyler friend created to blew up the water stealing station. You can see it at the minute 2:27 of this video:

V - the final battle - chapter 26 - YouTube

Found obejct here is a Micronta countdown timer 63-880. I scored one on eBay and I am planning to replicate of them.

What do you think?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

MooCriket

Master Member
Well done. I really enjoyed that part of VTFB, especially when Caleb was playing catch with the explosive.

the.rebel.agent

Sr Member
After all this time, here is it:

It is quite small, only 6cm x 6cm. Will work on this during my free time. Keep you posted guys.

the.rebel.agent

Sr Member
Waiting for Sat, was able to get the vial tube. 16mm x 65mm. The tube have a black cap, and I thought the prop had a white one. Later, revisiting the image I noticed something odd. It seems like a foil of something wrapping the tube top and another white wrapping inside

What do you see?

Any feedback will be welcome.

the.rebel.agent

Sr Member
Finally found an air dry clay in green. Tried again. Let's hope this one drys.

Almost there. Waiting to the clay to dry to assemble it.

the.rebel.agent

Sr Member
Finally finished the plastic explosive base in two materials. Sio2 Colorplus clay in green and FIMO classic in leaf green. Here you can see how they look:

Screen capture:

Sio2 vs. FIMO:

I do believe that the leaf green is closer to the one in the show. What do you think?

the.rebel.agent

Sr Member
Finally finished this prop. And I even had time to create a cool display for it out of a plastic case and two pieces of HIPS.

the complete making-of album here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/the.rebel.agent/ResistanceExperimentalExplosiveChargeMakingOf?authkey=Gv1sRgCKWUlsC6yeyWyAE

I was really cool to do it, but due the name of the post, I am afraid the FBI or some other organization is looking for me. Hey, c'mon, It is just a prop from an old TV show guys. ;) Any feedback or question will be welcmome.