V for Vendetta V-mask painting...what are the right colors?

Kroenen77

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I wanna paint a V mask and need some help from the experts.What are the perfect colors to match the screenused look?What color was used for the fine lines around the eyes?Is it sprayed with airbrush or painted with a fine brush?

33038072rc.jpg

It was airbrushed. The fine lines around the eyes, and all the smile lines, is a light brown - like a beige. I don't think anyone here would know what colors were used.

I never bothered to ask, but seeing that you live in Germany, you may want to ask Susi Montoro herself to tell you what paints she used. She painted all but one of the masks.
montoro.de

She answered but cannot say the colors because its a "company secret".So now I´m still on the beginning.:(

Well that's a shame. :unsure

I once considered contacting her to see if I could commission her to repaint one of my v masks. Maybe you can hire her to paint your mask? If not, maybe Robert Krüger from Babelsberg Studios might know. He seems to be willing to speak of his/B S work in VFV.

Read what he said about the finish here. Also, that beige-like color - it's really a brown. It's light on the fine lines because of the airbrushing technique. It's darker running down the cheek lines and below the brows towards the inner eye corners.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link.Very interesting.If I cannot find out more,I must paint the mask with the pics I have.

Hello there !
Indeed the painting seems to vary depending on the light and the shot. Personally
I did my first attempt at painting the first cast of my own replica. I used a mix of bones white and desert yellow for the base and earth brown for the shading. I think I need to make more test to find the most accurate result, but I think this first one is relatively close.
Have you made progress in your project ?

Attachments

• 115777469_1045615912519631_5413787156930820708_o.jpg
    115777469_1045615912519631_5413787156930820708_o.jpg
    900.4 KB · Views: 221
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back