V for Vendetta mask? UPDATE: Modification ethics?

Immortal Goat

I would like to get my hands on one before the movie is released, but I am low on cash. Does anyone know where I can get a wearable one for cheap? Or maybe tips on how to make a good looking one myself? Remember, I have no access to any vacu-forming, fiberglass, or the like.

Or maybe one of you would be up for making one? I would prefer ABS or something, and no painting would be neccesary on your part. I can do that myself. Any help is welcome.

Thanks. I checked them out, and while they aren't bad by any standard, I guess I am just picky. I'll keep an eye on them, and maybe pick one up. In the meantime, though, would anyone be willing to possibly make a more movie-accurate version than the 28 dollar ones on ebay? I don't know how much one might charge for an ABS mask like that, but hell, it's worth a shot.

If anyone is willing to make a decent close-to-movie version in ABS, and then mail it out to me, that would so rock. I can pay with paypal if you like. If not, I'll keep an eye on the Ebay masks.

Maybe your better off waiting till the flim hits... it usually takes a hollywood take on a great comic book, to make people care enough about it or frist find out about it to make props or to be ispired enough to make costumes because then there is a demand for it and where there is a demand there is money is to be made. I.E the Spider man & x-men movies and there lame costumes that look like motorcycle coats and jackets in yellow and black. Because everyone thats bad ass wears black. :rolleyes

Originally posted by animetronic@Feb 7 2006, 12:30 PM
I have one of the masks that were at Comic Con last year if you want it.

Josh
[snapback]1178194[/snapback]​

they just gave away a bunch of these halloween style styrene masks at Wondercon in San Francisco on Saturday....

As you can see with the changed title, I have recieved my mask. It is the San Diego Comicon one. I need your opinions on something, though. Would it be more beneficial to me to modify the mask to make it more accurate and structually stable, or should I keep it as-is, and hope for collector's value?

If you reccomend modification, is there anything you can think of to make it stronger? I had the idea that I could get some cast material (that roll of gauze like stuff that hardens when it gets wet) and layer it on the inside. Would that work?

Originally posted by Immortal Goat@Feb 16 2006, 01:08 AM
As you can see with the changed title, I have recieved my mask. It is the San Diego Comicon one. I need your opinions on something, though. Would it be more beneficial to me to modify the mask to make it more accurate and structually stable, or should I keep it as-is, and hope for collector's value?

If you reccomend modification, is there anything you can think of to make it stronger? I had the idea that I could get some cast material (that roll of gauze like stuff that hardens when it gets wet) and layer it on the inside. Would that work?
[snapback]1185480[/snapback]​

Give it some time and these will be for sale from rubies. There'll be no real collectible value once they start to sell at normal prices from the manufacturer.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back