Usurper's P1 mask

Dakath

The WIP is finaly done of this fantastic mask.

I enjoyed working on this mask because everytime I was painting it, it amazed me how detailed this piece is.

Throw me any mask, cheap, to my head and I will thank you for it. I'll stick to my brand :mad:

I started with the quills that are made out of fimo.

After that I foamed it up with soft foam and with the aid of a dummy head. It ended up with a 100% perfect fit.

After that the paint job. The whole mask was airbrushed except the teeth, I used acrylic paint and drybrushing.

The paint for the mask was a mixture of 50% acrylic paint, 25% ammonia and 25% liquid latex.

With that kind of mixture you will not have any cracks in the paint.

Funny thing happend with the teeth; I opend the little plastic bag and did a testfit of the teeth. I came one lower small theeth short.

So I ended up on my hands and knees looking for this little piece for about 30min. I came to the conclusion that it probably was forgotten to put in the plastic bag.

A little joke from Lee? :mad: :mad: ;) Anyway, it took me two minutes to make another one out of milliput.

Dreads are from this guy who sells them on ebay. They are a good alternative if you want it cheaper but if you never have attached dreads on to a head you might end up sweating and stressed.

I've done this many and still I had a stressfull moment from time to time.

They don't hang like Bambooie's so you have to cut them in the correct hangle and put the glue on to the correct spot for a good result.

The beads are from scifidemon, a seller on the bay also.

Before I end this want to say one more thing: Lee, you are the mask man m8!!

So let's cut the chit chat and have a look at the pics.

ScreenShot021.jpg

ScreenShot017-1.jpg

ScreenShot020.jpg

ScreenShot019-1.jpg

ScreenShot021.jpg

ScreenShot017-1.jpg

ScreenShot020.jpg

ScreenShot019-1.jpg

Hey Dakath,
cool paintup man :mad:.
I recently got my P1 from Lee too, but mine is open mouth. I hope it will turn out half as good as yours :mad: .

Joseph

Looking good Dakath! Looks like the dreds could do with a little more flexibility, but since you cut them at an angle it's not too obvious. Great paintup!

Dude, no jokes :mad:

you should have let me know, i would have posted you the missing tooth over.

glad you liked painting it. :mad:

C'mon Lee, shipping a little tooth while I have the materials to make one in two minutes.

I'm still one of your happy customers :mad:

Looks amazing! Dreads dont look too bad.
Great paint up David.
I'm starting work on my heads today! Will be checking your thread for tips

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back