USS Yeager Kitbash project

stevielewis

Sr Member
Hi all, I'm currently working on a couple of kitbash projects and this is one of them. It is the USS Yeager from DS9. The ship can be seen as a background ship in orbit around the station. It is a member of the "Frankenstein Fleet" as it is a combination of the saucer from the USS Voyager, and the Marquis Raider, both produced by Monogram. I purchased a Star Trek "lot" on eBay and it had several starships of different scales. Well, I decided that I would do some kitbashing and decided to try my luck with the USS Yeager NCC-65674. The following photos will show where I am in this build. Since most of the ships were already built all I had to do was to dis-assemble parts of them, remove pieces that were not used, and add parts from other ships. I am missing a few parts that were not in with the purchase and I'm hoping that some of you reading this post may have these parts in your stash. I don't have part numbers but the photo that shows the missing parts is below. I do plan on painting this up like the ship seen on DS9 so this thread will be active. Thanks for stopping by. Comments are welcome.

gkhVrYR.jpg

4Db3QaS.jpg

r598jT1.jpg

YTZAuuQ.jpg

This last photo shows the missing parts I'm looking for.

I have a list of the parts that I need from the Monogram Marquis Fighter for this build: Parts number 31 and 32, part 20. If anyone has these parts already built or separate, PM me please. Thank you.

Last edited:
This is a very challenging project and has many opportunities to pour your imagination. I look forward to seeing the progress.

katsu
Thank you Katsu. It's a pretty simple kitbash of two different scale kits. The challenge so far has been removing parts that were added when the two models were originally built. I will have an update soon.

This is certainly the most Frankenstein-looking of the Frankenstein fleet. We're spoiled now that basically any shape can be created with (relative) ease in CG.

Update #1 - I have re-assembled and glued together the Warp Nacelles from the Voyager model. They had originally been attached yet to the pylons for Voyager. The attachment points for the nacelles was filled with sections of the warp grills from the DS9 Runabout model that was also in with the lot that I purchased. I attached the Warp Nacelles to the Marquis Raider "wings" like they were on the studio model, just two spots that needed to be sanded flat. Then glued on to the top of the nacelles.

I cut out a section of the bottom of the "saucer" attachment point so the saucer would lay flat on top of the Marquis ship. Once I had this cut and smoothed out I glued the clear main deflector screen in backwards where the secondary deflector is located on the saucer. This is how the studio model is done as well. Then I glued the two hull sections back together and allowed them to setup and harden overnight.

Today I added some detail to the Marquis ship using .060 (1.5 mm) Evergreen I-beam in two places. These should be larger but I don't have anything in my styrene pieces. Other than that I have been smoothing out seam lines to make them less noticeable. The white multi-ring item on the strong back of the saucer is the deflector housing from the 1:2500 scale TOS Enterprise. Yes, it is there on the studio model. Thanks for looking.

S8HJLzQ.jpg

xoE0f3j.jpg

Tx8z2w7.jpg

Last edited:
Update #2 - Since my last update I was able to acquire the parts I needed for this build, so I will no longer need the parts listed in my first post. Further research on this build has revealed that I need a main deflector dish from the large scale Enterprise - D. It's very hard to see in the online pics as it is clear. So, should anyone reading this post have said deflector dish in their stash, I would like to purchase it. PM me if you have this part.

Also since my last update I filled in the area on the Maquis ship where the "wings" hook into the body. It covers where the top and bottom halves join together. This was also done on the studio model. Thank you for looking.

yjW6GVv.jpg

K7DfcpS.jpg

KqzARmb.jpg

ViQbRHb.jpg

5Hzt4QA.jpg

P6C9QDd.jpg

Last edited:
Don't be like that! There must be plenty of other people who just enjoy looking at your progress, like me. I can't always think of anything to contribute and I don't care for empty praise.

That said... Keep up the good work ;)
I can't wait to see it finished

Stevielewis,
There’s always someone looking and enjoying the work here. Keep going , man. If it’s your passion project and interest, a vocal audience reaction shouldn’t matter.
And yeah, your work is great.

Thank you guys. I understand that others look at builds and don't comment, or don't have anything to contribute, I get it. I can see that in the numbers of views tally. One thing I look to see is if someone "likes" / "dislikes" a post(s). That, IMO, is how I can tell if my build is interesting to others. No one had "liked" / "disliked" my recent update so I figured no one cared one way or the other and that my build wasn't of interest. Feedback from the viewer is what keeps a modeller working on a build, not just their passion for the subject. :)

Thank you guys. I understand that others look at builds and don't comment, or don't have anything to contribute, I get it. I can see that in the numbers of views tally. One thing I look to see is if someone "likes" / "dislikes" a post(s). That, IMO, is how I can tell if my build is interesting to others. No one had "liked" / "disliked" my recent update so I figured no one cared one way or the other and that my build wasn't of interest. Feedback from the viewer is what keeps a modeller working on a build, not just their passion for the subject. :)
There’s truth in what you say and I suppose we’re all guilty of looking and not reacting by doing even a simple task of clicking the “like “ button. Since we’re a community of modellers, we should be more supportive of each other’s endeavours.
Keep the faith .

Don't get discouraged by lack of comments. There are lots of lurkers who may see and enjoy what you are doing but for whatever reason do not leave comments. It often has nothing to do with the actual work itself. I have seen amazing work on here where there are little or no comments

About the views thing, sometimes I forget about threads or when I see replies I figure they might not be updates but rather comments others have left. That means sometimes I could leave a thread go a while before checking back. At least with me, I figure it doesn't mean people have lost interest as much as maybe the thread got pushed off the most recent lists by a lot of activity. Sometimes and update to bring it back to the first page sparks newer interest as well. Some people also come and go in spurts

Best you can do is keep posting as long as you enjoy what you are doing

Good luck with your parents. We are going through some age related issues with my Wife's mom (in her 80's as well)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back