USS Voyager - 1:670 Limited Edition

babar79

Hi all,

I've been a long time fan of the RPF and am now finally making an appearance.

I have recently started back into model building after finding 2 models in my parents basement. The first was a Star Destroyer with fiber optics. I'll be posting pics of that one in a few days.

Today I am showing off my USS Voyager that I have been working on for a few months. I still have a bit to do. I just set the 2 halves together for a light test.

Things to note:
-This kit is the Limited Edition from the early 90s
-I cut all the windows with a pin vise
-Paint scheme is based on studio model and defined in the manual
-This is my first detail paint job with an airbrush. (I have a lot to learn)

Thank you for having this area for me to show off my stuff.

Enjoy!

-babar79

I didn't realise that it's a limited edition. I was given the assembled kit by a friend. Not sure exactly where it is, but all the windows were damaged by solvent and fingerprints, he'd assembled the engines upside down, and chucked out the decal sheet.

That's some nice work you've done there, it's good to see what the kit can look like!

That is a really nice build!
I love your lighting setup, just one suggestion- block a few of the windows so not every room is lit. This gives the ship a more actual look about it, just my opinion...

Love the hull painting- I am glad Voyager avoided that incessant Star Fleet aztecing

That is a really nice build!
I love your lighting setup, just one suggestion- block a few of the windows so not every room is lit. This gives the ship a more actual look about it, just my opinion...

Love the hull painting- I am glad Voyager avoided that incessant Star Fleet aztecing

Great idea. Didn't even think of that. I'll have to think about the best way to do it since the halves are put together and a bit difficult to reach inside.

I am VERY happy that it didn't get the ridiculous aztec design too. In the background of the last photos is my Enterprise D that I started and the aztec painting is daunting.

Thanks for looking.

I didn't realise that it's a limited edition. I was given the assembled kit by a friend. Not sure exactly where it is, but all the windows were damaged by solvent and fingerprints, he'd assembled the engines upside down, and chucked out the decal sheet.

That's some nice work you've done there, it's good to see what the kit can look like!

There were multiple releases of this model. Not all of them were the "Limited Edition". There was a run in the 90s where the instruction manual was a bit more detailed and had painting tips (including FS colors) for an accurate remake of the on-screen model.

Thanks for looking.

You could paint in some of the windows with opaque gloss black- that would give the impression of an unlit room...

I remember seeing at a Trek Convention a two foot brass Enterprise D. It was beautiful but they did a full lighting number on it- even the thruster quads were lighted. Even though it had a great paint job on it, aztecing and all, the over lighting just made it look like a model to me.

I dread finishing a Starfleet model because the build turns into a seemingly perpetual masking job draping the hull in those tiny panels. Voyager showed that a vessel can look great and to scale without all that fussy surface detailing...

You could paint in some of the windows with opaque gloss black- that would give the impression of an unlit room...

I remember seeing at a Trek Convention a two foot brass Enterprise D. It was beautiful but they did a full lighting number on it- even the thruster quads were lighted. Even though it had a great paint job on it, aztecing and all, the over lighting just made it look like a model to me.

I dread finishing a Starfleet model because the build turns into a seemingly perpetual masking job draping the hull in those tiny panels. Voyager showed that a vessel can look great and to scale without all that fussy surface detailing...

Completely agree with dreading finishing a Starfleet model. I ended up picking up a masking set made by Don's Light and Magic.

-Babar

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back