USS Marshall class Warp 3.8 destroyer...

JP Modelworks

Started this fun scratch build of a favorite design of mine from the STAR TREK Spaceflight Chronology book from 1980.

I always liked the basic "hammerhead" design but I felt it needed some refinement.

I'm building it as my own interpretation of the original and making things up as I go...:lol

It's going well and I hope to get back to it as soon as I finish up some other commissions.:)

Jeff,
What's your guess as to the function of that bulb-like portion of the ship's aft? I'm guessing it to be an early sort of propulsion..but, that's only an uneducated guess. Whatever it is, it works very nicely with the rest of the design, and compliments the ship.

This is already turning out just great!

Jeff,
What's your guess as to the function of that bulb-like portion of the ship's aft? I'm guessing it to be an early sort of propulsion..but, that's only an uneducated guess. Whatever it is, it works very nicely with the rest of the design, and compliments the ship.

This is already turning out just great!

I figure it's part of the rear engineering section. The small square nozzles would be the "Impulse" engines. I have yet to add the docking bay part to the area between the two outer rear "fins" that end at the rear of the ship. :cool

Finally got the fist color coats on the model. Mixed up a white with a tint of blue in it. This is the gloss coat. Next up, Aztek vinyls applied and the second
coat main color this time in flat. :)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back