USS Defiant 1:1 Digital Model Build - Full Detail

captainreynolds

I am working on a digital version of the Defiant studio model at full scale, as in full size Defiant not studio scale. It will include every detail present on the studio model plus a bit more, including shuttle bay with shuttle and escape pods. I will be using this to produce scaled down versions in STL file format for 3d printing for anyone who wants to buy the files. Once the build is complete just post on here the scale that you want and i'll set it up. I'll do a studio scale, a 1/500, a 1/1000 and a 1/2500 scale file anyway but if you want a different scale let me know. I will be posting progress pics at the end of each day spent on it, probably every 2-3 days. First pics coming tomorrow...:)

All files at 1/500, 1/1000 and 1/2500 will be the same price regardless of scale as escape pod detailing and shuttle bay will be removed on everything other than the full and studio scale models. These two sizes will be more.

Enjoy.

That sounds awesome!

If you need measurements for an "action Packer" for the bridge, let me know, I've got one sitting here.

That sounds awesome!

If you need measurements for an "action Packer" for the bridge, let me know, I've got one sitting here.

Action packer? I might build the internal decks into the full scale but every deck plan I come across contradict each other. Some have the bridge in the nose which isn't right, some have 4 decks, some have 5 and some even have 6. The shuttle bay is one of the only definitively placed internal features on the entire ship as it's visible from the outside.

Action packer? I might build the internal decks into the full scale but every deck plan I come across contradict each other. Some have the bridge in the nose which isn't right, some have 4 decks, some have 5 and some even have 6. The shuttle bay is one of the only definitively placed internal features on the entire ship as it's visible from the outside.

You might have to extrapolate the deck layout from the size of the ship and your best guess at how big the decks are and how much space the weapons would take up.

The Weapons lockers and med kit stations on the bridge and various rooms were all Rubbermade Action Packer cases. I don't know if you're going *that* far into detail.

I think there is one good side view of the defiant that shows up on the screens in engineering, but the DS9 Tech Manual doesn't help as far as I recall from my last scan through.

No, but I'm re-watching now for screen grabs of other items. I'll pay attention to the rest from where I'm at and then scan back from there.

The Weapons lockers and med kit stations on the bridge and various rooms were all Rubbermade Action Packer cases. I don't know if you're going *that* far into detail.

I think there is one good side view of the defiant that shows up on the screens in engineering, but the DS9 Tech Manual doesn't help as far as I recall from my last scan through.

As was stated by several people on various forums, the MSD display in engineering doesn't match either the studio or later CGI model. And doing the internal decks would be pointless as it wouldn't be seen. The shuttle bay is the exception as it can be seen from the outside.

As was stated by several people on various forums, the MSD display in engineering doesn't match either the studio or later CGI model. And doing the internal decks would be pointless as it wouldn't be seen. The shuttle bay is the exception as it can be seen from the outside.

Plus, without doing every single little system and component it wouldn't be doing it justice. If I could do every single bit inside then I'd have to invent warp drive, impulse, inertial dampers, replicators, anti-grav, deflectors, sensors, phasers, ect.

Just to state now, I have all the resources I need to do the build. This thread is for progress pics and for people to express interest in purchasing the files at various scales. The interior other than shuttle bay is a no, simply because there is so much uncertainty about its layout. Any extrapolation I could make would please some and not others and I want this to be a non controversial model that all defiant fans can enjoy rather than losing half my orders because people disagree with the interior layout.

Sounds interesting its one of my favorite starships from any of the trek series,many years ago I built a 1/2500 scale model of the Defiant the old fashion way, in plastic.

When offering sizes for the files? which length will you be using as a basis for the scale? The 120 meters or 170 meters?

When offering sizes for the files? which length will you be using as a basis for the scale? The 120 meters or 170 meters?

It's being built 1:1 scale in the computer at 170m. Not sure on a finish date yet but it will be within the next 4-6 weeks. I have other commissions running alongside it as you can probably see in the stargate universe destiny thread on this site. Plus my actual job. But it will definitely be in the next 6 weeks. How do you mean 'when am I offering sizes for the files'?

Sorry. Didn't explain that very well. You answered my question above. I just meant of I ordered a set in 1/1000, would they be based on a length of 120 or 170 m.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back