USMC Motion Tracker - real parts

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

shoeben82

As i was collectiong pieces for the Nostromo tracker, i kept coming across parts for the Aliens USMC tracker so i thought i might aswell make the most of these parts being available and start collecting for a future build or i may pass on to someone else.

As you all probably know, this is the bad boy in question-

USMC tracker.jpg

The main body is a Kango 436 hammer drill, i luckily found one on eBay for £30! In good nick, just needs disassembling and cleaning up.

Kango 1.jpg Kango 2.jpg

I also bought the Flash, a Vivitaer 2500 Thyristor and a Hama self timer and case, various parts are used on the tracker

Flash & timer.jpg

I also tracked down an Olympus T28 50mm panel, no idea what it is really used for but i found one! £20 was quite pricey but they seemed few and far between so i bit the bullet!

Olympus T28 Panel 50mm.JPG

On top of the tracker is a JOBO dark room lamp. This piece seems to be mega hard to find but one appeared on eBay on the German site for £25 so i snapped it up.

Jobo lamp.jpg

Struggling to find the correct slide viewer - a Hama 3642/B101 model and a Hama remote release model 39402 - i have placed a WTB ad on the RPF.

Hama Remote Releasen 39402.jpg Hama Slideviewer 3642 B101.jpg

So far so good!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

stimpo

20170722_164223.jpg 20170722_164136.jpg 20170610_152720.jpg

Heres my real part tracker, all real parts except the calculator panel so I've used a casio sl80 which is very close. I also have a real part shoulder lamp build which I'm just finishing up now for my marine armour!

Good luck hunting down the remaining parts!

Last edited:

shoeben82

Looks fantastic!! I love how old school prop makers used bits and pieces to make an awesome looking prop! Do you know the make/model of the jack plugs that are used to connect the slide viewer to the kango? Next job is to take apart the sphygomometer (or however you say it!) to get the piece and hope it looks right!

stimpo

Thanks! They did great with what they had didn't they! The jack is a 1/4 side entry jack. Should find one easy enough on ebay.
Let me know how your pump widget turns out. Im on the hunt for another to make a second tracker one day.

JamieCarter

Ive started the opposite way round, bought the calculator about 3 years ago. Just need the rest of the parts..

Edit: see youre selling the lot on ebay. That'd be too easy for me

Last edited:

veektohr

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Thanks! They did great with what they had didn't they! The jack is a 1/4 side entry jack. Should find one easy enough on ebay.
Let me know how your pump widget turns out. Im on the hunt for another to make a second tracker one day.

The pump widget is from the inside of a wall-mounted aneroid sphygmomanometer. I've pulled them out of Accucare branded ones, but I'd imagine they're almost all the same.

Armourer

As i was collectiong pieces for the Nostromo tracker, i kept coming across parts for the Aliens USMC tracker so i thought i might aswell make the most of these parts being available and start collecting for a future build or i may pass on to someone else.

As you all probably know, this is the bad boy in question-

View attachment 773748

The main body is a Kango 436 hammer drill, i luckily found one on eBay for £30! In good nick, just needs disassembling and cleaning up.

View attachment 773749 View attachment 773750

I also bought the Flash, a Vivitaer 2500 Thyristor and a Hama self timer and case, various parts are used on the tracker

View attachment 773751

I also tracked down an Olympus T28 50mm panel, no idea what it is really used for but i found one! £20 was quite pricey but they seemed few and far between so i bit the bullet!

View attachment 773752

On top of the tracker is a JOBO dark room lamp. This piece seems to be mega hard to find but one appeared on eBay on the German site for £25 so i snapped it up.

View attachment 773754

Struggling to find the correct slide viewer - a Hama 3642/B101 model and a Hama remote release model 39402 - i have placed a WTB ad on the RPF.

View attachment 773755 View attachment 773756

So far so good!
Hi I'm a out of work bored film armourer that wants something to build I would like to do a tracker I used to have a real one but now the parts are hard to find, do you or anyone on here have any for sale

shoeben82

Hi there, unfortunately i sold what parts i had last year. I tend to enjoy the hunt for parts as opposed to the actual build (odd i know).
I'll keep an eye out for you, do you need all the parts? Cheers, Ben

shoeben82

Just looking on evilbay and found the following if you wanted to start hunting -
Vivitar 2500 Thyristor
Hama self timer (case only)

Armourer

Hi there, unfortunately i sold what parts i had last year. I tend to enjoy the hunt for parts as opposed to the actual build (odd i know).
Ok cool I've worked in the film industry for a long time and always able to get parts but it seems everything aliens and starwars has gone I had a real pulse rifle and I thought I would do another one but cant get the bits for that either franchis just arnt around. Do you know anyone else that might have bits the viewer is a good start.

leenap

Hi there ive been hunting and hunting cant seem to find few parts, the hama slide viewer, the hama remote button and hama 5401 shutter timer

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.